Today's dinner, Wednesday, September, 05,2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
Today is Wednesday in India

We will have following items for dinner:

plain rice
cholar dal
panchmishali torkari
papad
pineapple chutney

I'm now preparing these.

Yep, it's time to plan dinner for your time zone. Except for the rice and pineapple, could you explain what the other dishes contain so we can learn about them and, perhaps, prepare them, too. I love learning about other cultures and enjoy tasting new foods.

My dishes aren't even clean yet from tonight's dinner! :chef: Tomorrow is going to be simple - I think I have to work until 7 so it might be sub sandwiches (to go, not homemade) ;)

Good Lord, I just rolled out of bed Radhuni! Your dinner sounds good - I love Indian food. Anyway, its going to be really hot here today and I have no idea what I'll be fixing for dinner. Maybe something easy like tuna salad or chicken salad sandwiches and a fruit salad.

Have a good day everyone and Radhuni - have a good evening!

the sun has come 'round to our side of the beach ball, so it's time to think of dinner.

i'm defrosting pork chops, and i'm thinking of making something with eggplant and tomatoes. maybe some kind of ratatouille.
also, i have beans soaking, so i'll be searching for baked beans recipes. anyone have a fave?

Sea Bass tonight. Probably pan fried in EVOO for extra crispy skin.

Just ran out of pots, so will probably serve with rice (boiled with some lemon juice) and maybe some lightly battered aubergine (egg plant).

also, i have beans soaking, so i'll be searching for baked beans recipes. anyone have a fave?

I have my hands full of a squirmy little one at the moment, clamoring to look at animal pictures on the computer, but I'll post a good TNT recipe later for you, bucky.

Tonight we visit Vietnam!

Stir Fried Tilapia with Spicy Ginger Sauce, served with
Fragrant Noodles.

I'm drooling!

the sun has come 'round to our side of the beach ball, so it's time to think of dinner.

i'm defrosting pork chops, and i'm thinking of making something with eggplant and tomatoes. maybe some kind of ratatouille.

BT - I just wing the amounts but I use:

• BIG white onion, chopped
  • **sometimes chopped green pepper and cubed sandwich ham too - really good!
  • ketchup
  • yellow mustard
  • molasses
  • brown sugar
  • a healthy squirt of some kind of thick BBQ sauce I have on hand
  • lots of ground mustard (though for you don't use too much as we like it hot but little mouths may not like it)
  • Top with chopped bacon

Bake covered 1 hour and uncovered for about the same time.

Also, a friend puts in whole little smokies, black beans, and pineapple chunks - it was amazingly wonderful!!!!

thanks elfie! for a skirt, you're the cat's meow. aces, all the way.
(lol, thanks tatt. now i'm stuck in 30's mode :cool:)

and a bunch of yous are getting karma 'cause i can't karma elfie again right away. grrrrr.

fine leaf mixed salad with smoked peppers and garlic dressing and several large Bratwurst sausages each.

apple bourbon marinated pork tenderloin...gonna toss it on the grill.

roasted red potatoes as the side...nice and easy!

I'll be recieving some special chemicals in the mail today, so as soon as I get out of class I'll probably start tinkering at home, and will spend most of the evening making this and not have much for dinner. Or maybe I'll order in.

tio roberto, may i suggest marinating the tilapia in teryaki, then grilling with pineapple and onions. my favourite way to make tilapia.

Bacon and bleu cheese-stuffed burgers w caramelized onions - lettuce & tomato on an onion roll - portobello fries and horsey sauce. There's odds and ends left over from Labor day, but need to use up the crab salad. If I can fit it in, will fill half an avocado with crab salad. Grapes for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom