Today's lunch/Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I just finished lunch and have a question. What to do with the leftover hamburger patties and bacon? They are in the fridge right now and I wondered if they were OK to reheat, nuke, do something different with, feed to the dogs..... :)
I don't know what I was thinking..... I thawed the four patties and four pieces of bacon actually thinking I could fit it all on the small sub buns, but you can see I didn't have much room as it was for one patty cut in half, one slice of bacon, sauted mushrooms & onions, am cheese, blue cheese, lettuce and tomoato (I think that's everything :huh:)
I've never had to reheat bacon or hamburgers before and was wondering how much "goodness" I'll lose by doing so, but I sure am glad I didn't have room for them on the bun...... I'm feeling kind of full at the moment :pig:

Attachments

• hamburgers.jpg
    hamburgers.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 170
We had burgers for supper last night. I brought the leftover one for lunch, with the bun and toppings kept separate. 15 seconds in the microwave is all I do. I didn't have any bacon, but it can be wrapped in paper towel and zapped for 10 seconds if not really well cooked the first time around.

Hey! Mac and cheese..... good call. You can add anything to that.
And I'll nuke them a bit first so they're warm when I add them.

Uncle Bob, how do you season the hamburger patties for tacos? Just cut it up, season it and not cook it as long?

Uncle Bob, how do you season the hamburger patties for tacos? Just cut it up, season it and not cook it as long?

I would crumble them up in a pan... as best you can...add seasoning..salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, chili powder, etc. Add a tiny bit of water to let the meat absorb the seasonings. Heat up a soft (or hard) shell(s). Put the meat in the shell, adding whatever you like that you have on hand...lettuce, cheese, picante sauce, hot sauce, etc. Be Creative!! The object is to make something to fill up on....Not goumet tacos!:LOL:

Relax, Have Fun!!

All tacos are gourmet as far as I'm concerned ;)
I hadn't thought about adding the water, like you do the "regular" way. I'm glad I asked.

If ya like the taco idea...Scramble some eggs in the morning, crumble up your leftover bacon...Place all of it in a soft, heated taco shell...add what you like, cheese etc.....Ta Daaa! Breakfast taco with a good hot cup of coffee!!

Fun!

Yeah, I should really get some soft taco shells or burrito shells, if only to make wraps for breakfast or lunch.... or snacks.

I would nuke the burgers for another meal. We do that all the time. The bacon can be crumbled and used in salads or anything you would use bacon in! It can also be frozen after cooking and used later if you want.

Back
Top Bottom