Today's meal 3rd June, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
Rice, boiled vegetables and egg curry

dimer jhol.jpg

Well, Breakfast was oatmeal with homemade cinnamon applesauce sired in.

Lunch will be just me so, a roasted chicken wrap with leftover chicken, baby bok choy and, Caesar dressing.

Dinner is going to be a rabbit and beef meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy (1/2 lean ground beef, 1/2 ground rabbit meat and the other usual meatloaf fillers.)

Just got back from runnin' a bunch of errands around town, and thinking a grilled ribeye sounds good. :yum: Pouring myself a glass of wine and fixing to fire up the Weber. Not sure of what's going to accompany it, but probably asparagus.

Firing up the Weber Jr. Just a couple pork chops. I am embarrassed. The last time I did chops on the grill, they got a little over done and were dry but they looked beautiful. There is leftover Chix/ Blt salad from yesterday. I only put dressing on what's on the plate, so the whole bowl doesn't get all wilty. I think I will use blue cheese dressing today.

Chicken thighs browned in olive oil, then simmered in a bit of chicken broth and white wine and seasoned with garlic and lots of tarragon. Sides will be wild rice with nuts and dried cherries and steamed green beans. Iced tea to drink and nearly the last of the blackberry cobbler with whipped cream for dessert.

I made the Rick Bayless chicken enchilada recipe I linked yesterday. It was just OK. The sauce was unremarkable. It needed more flavor and some bite. Two poblanos, some spinach and garlic in a Béchamel. The heaviness of the Béchamel killed the flavor of the other ingredients. I'll try it one more time with more poblano and garlic and something to add acidity.

SO said she liked the beef enchilada with red sauce recipe I make better than this one. The real issue is that I still have more than half the recipe left over.

Oh, that's disappointing, Andy. After all that work!

Chicken tenders and dip here.

Shrek broke my arm and made me go to Denny's for a take out meal. The Avocado Santa Fe Skillet...it was great!

Had a nice afternoon grillin' on the patio. I decided to go with a salad instead of asparagus.

Ooops, a flare up. :) But the end result was really good. I couldn't eat it all. Steak and eggs tomorrow for a late breakfast should do it. :yum:

img_1367174_0_8de3317fa9cb411ec8c4f450a639caa3.jpg

img_1367174_1_27103148fb214a2b0d430b628f2ccabe.jpg

I made the Rick Bayless chicken enchilada recipe I linked yesterday. It was just OK. The sauce was unremarkable. It needed more flavor and some bite...
That's unfortunate, Andy. The photo in the link looked pretty enticing. Enough so that I copied the recipe.

Coincidentally, I used a Rick Bayless recipe last night for the garlicky ancho rub we had on our steaks. It was terrific.

I have noticed a lot of hit-miss with RB's recipes, though.

Back
Top Bottom