Today's menu, 4th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

radhuni

Sous Chef
Today is ' Mahalaya' it is customary for us (our caste) to have sacrificed mutton.

So our menu is mutton kassa and pulao

Tonight I made twice-baked potatoes, salads, and broiled kielbasa served with yellow mustard for me and spicy brown mustard for DH.

It's Friday, so as is so often the case, it was a takeaway. Chicken Jalfrezi with Mushroom Pulau rice.

The local Lion's Club is having a fund raiser today selling chicken and barbeque plates, with sides of potatoes, coleslaw, and hush puppies. Sounds like supper to me!

Spaghetti here. I may pull out the salad stuff or may just do the noodles and sauce. I need to unload and reload the dishwasher if I want to set out salad stuff.

I took a piece of bacon trimmings out of the freezer earlier today. I'm going to cut that up and sauté it with onions, diced potatoes and green beans. Maybe I'll add a few red pepper flakes, too.

Our little town has another new restaurant, and DH has been salivating over the menu, so that. Will report back later.

sitting down to a bowl of freshly made beef vegetable soup. Not bad for all store bought ingredients. Made a rather large pot so will be eating on this for a while. It is predicted to get down to 20*F tonight.

DH and I went downtown for an open-air concert in the courtyard of an art museum. We decided to stop by a local Greek restaurant for takeout on the way home. We got an order of Pegasus wings (marinated and grilled chicken wings) and a gyro platter to share. Yummy :yum:

Fresh-made salads and leftover entrees. Himself finished the chicken/noodles/broccoli/cream of mushroom dish, I had the last few raviolis with the mushroom/butter/lemon sauce. Still hungry and might make a little grilled cheese sandwich with bread & butter pickles.

Fresh-made salads and leftover entrees. Himself finished the chicken/noodles/broccoli/cream of mushroom dish, I had the last few raviolis with the mushroom/butter/lemon sauce. Still hungry and might make a little grilled cheese sandwich with bread & butter pickles.

Grilled cheese sandwich.... :yum:

And what sort of cheese? (Have I mentioned how much I love cheese?) :LOL:

Went out to an Indian restaurant. Had eggplant curry.

Personally I hate Aubergine (Eggplant) but I love Indian food and I am fascinated to see that Indian restaurants are in Louisiana. A place that to my English eyes has a very distinct personality and cuisine of its own. Are Indian restaurants well-established there?

Personally I hate Aubergine (Eggplant) but I love Indian food and I am fascinated to see that Indian restaurants are in Louisiana. A place that to my English eyes has a very distinct personality and cuisine of its own. Are Indian restaurants well-established there?

I am currently in Virginia. But close to my house is an Indian restaurant. Another Indian place did not last long. So you can find Indian food but it is not common.

Are Indian restaurants well-established there?
Katy, we have a lot of Indian restaurants over here. There are three not far from my house. Have you not been to the US before? Other than minor differences in the language and the fact that we drive on the right side of the road, our two countries aren't all that different. You might be surprised.

Dinner tonight was broiled salmon with honey mustard glaze and potatoes au gratin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom