Today's Menu for Sunday Sept 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
It seems odd to me to have my meals planned out days in advance... for Sundays anyway.

Today "Pacanis' Personal Pigskin Challenge" has my Browns playing Miami, so Pressed Cuban Sandwiches are on the menu. Actually, the first Cuban sandwich I ever had was in Miami, so it's even more fitting that my choice of foods of the city be the pressed Cuban.
Yesterday I marinated the pork tenderloin in mojo and grilled it. Today I will slice it thin along with the ham I have, heat up the skillet with some bacon grease in it, grab a couple pickles and some Swiss cheese, French bread and it's game on :chef:

And you? :)

I have some pork I'm going to marinate in some concoction I haven't decided on yet. They're going to be kebobs on the grill. I'm also going to make some more ABTs. Some roasted reds will complete the meal.

Beautiful day and Glenn's been hankerin' for steak, so.....

T-bone steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, tossed salad with fresh tomatoes from the garden, iced tea and Ben & Gerry's Schweddy Balls ice cream. Okey dokey.

I've got pork, beef, shrimp, scallops, fish, shrimp and chicken in the freezer. I can't make my mind up for supper tonight.

Maybe stir-fry scallops and veggies.... that's my guess for now...:chef:

With a Spicy Pepper/Fish/Oyster/Tzo sauce...:pig:

We DH and I have been working all week picking and roasting tomatoes then we made gravy for pasta sooo guess what Ma's sunday is going to be today?????? Tacos!!! Nooo we will have pasta and salad with garlic bread and also some starteers. Crostini's one will have a topping of pesto and pine nuts the other will be toasted with a soft blu cheese toppied with a slice of fig. dessert will be brownies with ice cream. Happy fall sunday everyone.
kades

Like Timothy, I have such a abundance of meats, it's hard to choose. Just for sausage, I have Kielbasa, Brats, Alligator, Andouille, Bar-S Smoked Sausages, and 2 different ground sausages!

I think another Brat is calling me. It was really good on pressed French bread with Swiss. I cooked the brats in bacon fat, then pressed the sandwich in the same greasy pan.:pig:

Not sure who will be home when. The yungun is off to Busch Gardens with friends (one guy works there and got free day passes) and DH is manning the Fair Tax booth at the gun show. If I can get up the gumption to go out, I may pick up some milk and bread and do chipped beef on toast. If not, who knows. We may also just do a sweep of the fridge and everybody fix what they want with what they can find!

Kade's,

I can make it to your house just in time for dinner. :LOL:
Just finished up making Chorizo & Lentil Soup. I'll let it simmer in the crock pot all day. Were having that with some sourdough bread and side of salad.. Now to tackle cleaning the garage. :stuart:

Munky.

Tonight it will be sliced ham, steamed & peppered cabbage, and red potatoes a la Vitauta (fried in duck fat), plus my last peanut butter frosted chocolate cupcake, freeing me to change dessert flavors.

Go Lemon! :chef:

Grilled pork chops marinated in Veri Veri Teriaki. Am trying to instruct DH in the lighting of the coals for the hibachi. It is not going well. He is not teachable. I would do it myself, but can't get stuff in the eye.

Am thinking grilled broccoli in pineapple too. I also have cream cheese with chili sauce and horseradish. And Cheerios! Naw, we have Carr's crackers.

Dagnabit! DH filled the chimney half full! I have 4 butterflied chops. And, I discovered, no broccoli. Sigh.

Last edited:
Curried cauliflower and chicken (in orange lentil dal and chick peas). Mad at myself, though, I didn't realize I was out of chutney and don't feel like going back to the store yet again.

Hey, you went out and bought some cream cheese, Dawg ;)

Week 3 is over.
I'll wash it down with a cupcake later.

Attachments

• PPPC wk3 miami pressed cuban.jpg
    PPPC wk3 miami pressed cuban.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 174
We are having what we thought was a halibut roast, but appears to be halibut fillets. Maybe some new potatoes and a garden salad. DH is making rhubarb blackberry crisp for dessert (what a surprise) ;-)

Back
Top Bottom