Today's menu, Sunday 11.11.07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The temperture suddenly spiked last night so my planned meal held no appeal as I really didn't want to be in the overly-warm kitchen, so I ended up running out to the local Chinese and grabbing King Prawn chow mein with special fried rice.

Pot roast simmered in the oven in red wine for hours, carrots & onions added later, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Perfect.:-p

harborwitch, that would hit the spot right about now. i can almost smell it. :)

we went out shopping (again :(), so we ate at a houlihan's along the way. ya know, one of those "screw a bunch of old junk to the walls" type of chain restaurants.

dw had the seared ahi tuna over an asian style salad, and i had a full rack o' ribs.

the tuna was ok; the piece of seared ahi that i made last week was far superior. today's tuna looked sort of bruised rather than bright red.

my ribs were very good; tender without being overcooked, and i was sure to count 13 bones. i think i'm becoming a dry rib guy, after a lifetime so far of dunking in extra sauce.

I Thai'd one on last night. Leftovers from a Thai feast from my fave Thai restaurant. Pad Thai Noodle (w large shrimps and chunks of chicken & peanut sauce), garlic shrimp, cashew chicken, veg egg rolls, white rice, beef & broc & a great side salad w a yummy white dressing. (Wondering what the dressing is made of - Miso perhaps? Anyone know what it could be/recipe?). I'm still stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom