Today's vittles? Sunday, 11-24-13.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, there's just something real tasty about oatmeal cookies without being strongly flavored.

I'll have to look, Somebunny. I think they were "upper tier" cookies. Maybe made by pepperidge farms or something. Maybe and orange and white bag? Gawd, it was years ago. So long ago I'm not even shooting from the hip. I'm shooting from the holster. They were the size of 2-3" sand dollars. Kind of petite.
I'll get it.

Archway Oatmeal cookies? We used to buy them all the time.

ooh, I used to love their soft ginger snap cookies. And their oatmeal cookies had raisins in them if I remember. Good stuff :yum:
But no. I don't think they made a thin, crispy cookie. I could be wrong.

ooh, I used to love their soft ginger snap cookies. And their oatmeal cookies had raisins in them if I remember. Good stuff :yum:
But no. I don't think they made a thin, crispy cookie. I could be wrong.

No, nothing crispy from Archway. Their oatmeal cookies did have raisins, they were in a plastic sleeve. We didn't have the ginger snaps here.

Wait, DH said we did. I don't remember them.

Last edited:
I had leftover lasagna and wedding cake. DH had left over rice pilaf with cream of chicken soup and wedding cake. We're down to less than 1/4 of the second tier of the cake left. Half of it was frozen to take to my in-laws at Christmas since they are home bound and couldn't travel for the festivities.

Yes Andy, you're weird. We like you that way though. Not Dad's cookies pac? I love those things.

Now I have to go make oatmeal cookies. Going to look up Andy's recipe and give it a look see.

Oh Andy... who didn't grab a soft chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven off of grandma's half sheets when she wasn't looking? Somebody that bakes send Andy a soft cookie, lol.

I never heard of those, Alix. I'll be looking for the ones in my mind next time I'm in the store. I tried Googling, but too little to go on.

We had sit down sunday dinner today. Dx made a pot roast w/ carrots, potatoes and gravy. Home made rolls and chocolate mousse pie. Jr and his GF were here, and dinner was timed for after the football game. Game went into overtime, but it still worked out perfect.

I haven't seen a tie in a while, Whiska. How weird was that?
I turned the channel and the first thing I said is Why is this game still going on? lol

Good guess Alix, I think Dad's did make gingers snaps too! Okay this is quite a challenge to find Pac's oatmeal(possibly w/coconut) cookies! Lol!

To you it's a challenge. To me it's turning into a genuine craving :shock:

We were debating what tie breaker rules are these days, even though they explained it at least twice and once after GB scored first. But ending in a tie, it is weird. :ohmy:

Oh Andy... who didn't grab a soft chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven off of grandma's half sheets when she wasn't looking? Somebody that bakes send Andy a soft cookie, lol...

I have no issue with cookies soft and warm right off the cookie sheet. It's the store bought cookies that are made to stay soft forever I don't like. There is a serious texture/mouth feel issue beyond the softness that really skeeves me.

SO bought some Costo CC cookies yesterday. I took a bite out of one and gave it to her. Turns out they are soft ones.

We were debating what tie breaker rules are these days, even though they explained it at least twice and once after GB scored first. But ending in a tie, it is weird. :ohmy:

I didn't see the actual game, but my guess from what you said is GB kicked a field goal. And then Minn must have kicked one for the tie.
The rules are, the first team to score a TD (even off a fumble or interception) wins. Game over.
However, if the one team scores a FG, they will win if the other team cannot score on their possession. If the other team can score a TD they will win. If only a FG it's a tie.
Both teams get a possession this way, which I like a lot more. It's up to the first team with the ball if they only want to kick a field goal or really try for a touchdown and the win.

Yeah, there's just something real tasty about oatmeal cookies without being strongly flavored.

I'll have to look, Somebunny. I think they were "upper tier" cookies. Maybe made by pepperidge farms or something. Maybe and orange and white bag? Gawd, it was years ago. So long ago I'm not even shooting from the hip. I'm shooting from the holster. They were the size of 2-3" sand dollars. Kind of petite.
I'll get it.

Mother's??

Attachments

• mothers oatmeal.jpg
    mothers oatmeal.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom