Tomato Tuesday 6/14/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thinking about that sardine thread. I'm going to make a sauce with olive oil, garlic, onion, dried tomato, olives, and sardines. Serve over polenta with a pork cutlet on the side.

Last edited:
Crawfish mac & cheese. Recipe uses Gruyere, Fontinella and Parm R.

I made a new bowl of potato salad today. Might as well just leave the bowl sitting on the counter rather than in the cupboard, as much of a work-out it's been getting lately. Today the dressing is made with sour cream, Dx's homemade yogurt, and blue cheese. Along with diced onion and green onion and some crumbled bacon.

BLT-A on toast and some sliced summer pickles on the side.

We're having salads, a small ham steak pan-fried and then simmered with green beans until the beans are tender, and fried noodles with cottage cheese. We haven't had those in ages!

Dessert will be a peach and berry (blues and raspberries) bowl with a dab of vanilla bean ice cream.

Tuna and Pasta salad...

img_1469708_0_799e1fa3cd6c28e453ec4886869ee2f8.jpg

I just put a hashbrown casserole in the oven. Guess I'll be eating at 10pm tonight.

I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. I elected to buy frozen hashbrowns instead of shredding my own potatoes, because last time I made a hashbrown casserole (different recipe), I had to soak the potatoes and I couldn't get all the water out and it was watery.

So this time I forgot to thaw the hashbrowns. So I put them in a bowl of hot water. Now either there is still a lot of water in frozen hashbrowns or a lot of that water in the bowl leaked in. So I was squeezing the you-know-what out of the hashbrowns again.

By the time I was done, I really didn't have hashbrowns anymore. I had squeezed them all together until they looked like mash potatoes. So what with the sour cream, the bacon, and the cheese, I have a sneaking suspicion that all I made tonight was a twice baked potato without the skin.

I also made a homemade cream soup to put in them and in order to counteract what might be watery potatoes again, I used heavy cream in the cream soup substitute instead of milk. Good thing I'm not trying to lose weight this week.

Back
Top Bottom