Tonight's main meal? Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a 2-pound slab of sirloin steak from a butcher shop;was going to make a Moroccan beef stew with it, but there's no fat on it, hardly any. So it would be tough stew, right?
maybe Swiss steak in the oven? still too tough?

or, maybe I'll simply sliver it and make a stir fry in wok, with onions, peppers, mushrooms....serve over rice.

I sure do love playing with Moroccan spice blends though.....

what are you making?
If your sirloin steak is the same as our sirloin steak it will be an extravagant stew but it certainly won't be a tough stew. Here we grill - sorry, broil - sirloin steak. It's the next best cut to "undercut" or "fillet" steak, but with more body and therefore flavour than those two which are much more expensive.

Touche Pac! ;) :LOL: "Moules et frites" is all over the place over here. You can even get it where I live!!! :ohmy:

I think it's the French version of "fish and chips" :LOL:

Edit: Okay so it's the Belgian version of fish and chips! ;-)
Actually, the last time I had it was out in the boonies of Baxter, Minnesota. So it can't be all that unusual. :rolleyes:

I fixed pork schnitzel tonight accompanied with mushrooms, onions and diced potatoes in gravy.

Guacamole, salsa, and corn tortilla chips.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 160
Harry, bacon AGAIN in the dinner? Why, you're a man after my own probably artery-clogged heart. :LOL:

I'm finally getting around to making the pan of oven-roasted Italian sausage (chicken) with four colors of bell peppers, Vidalia onions, and the last of the baby red potatoes. To make up for all that healthfulness our arugula and romaine salad will include crumbled bacon and chopped eggs. ;)
..and a few other bits too,having read some of your posts:winkiss:!!
i don't use a lot of bacon cg(not as much as i should...i mean what isn't good with bacon?)it's mostly,as in this dish,wafer thin pancetta...looks a lot but it isn't really.having said that pancetta is just salt cured pork belly so i guess that counts as bacon.i prefer the smoked...love smoked anything me:yum:!
any road up cg,your food always sounds fab,how's about some pics now & then:chef:?

Last edited:
Seems like a no-brainer Pac! ;)
+1 dead easy to cook too.i use mccains oven fries to keep it simple & a bit healthier.less calories from the fries means you can have more from the alcohol...some sort of perverse logic there i guess...works for me anyway mate:wacko:!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom