Tonight's Meal, What's the Deal? Tues. 2/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just done eating the honey/garlic/soy pork chop. I baked it in oven, foil wrapped, for 15 minutes. Added some steamed parsnips and apple chunks (microwaved). So good! no room for dessert.

Broiled prime beef strip steak 1 1/2" thick, green baby peas, and durum bread.
When I first read this, it looked like you had written "Boiled." Ack! I knew a guy who cooked round steak in water--not just adding water to browned steaks, but start to finish in water. They were gray, tough, and nasty! Thank goodness I read your post again! Now it sounds delicious! :LOL:

When I first read this, it looked like you had written "Boiled." Ack! I knew a guy who cooked round steak in water--not just adding water to browned steaks, but start to finish in water. They were gray, tough, and nasty! Thank goodness I read your post again! Now it sounds delicious! :LOL:

LOL, I did too.:ROFLMAO:

My beef enchiladas turned out crumbly and dry.

I figured that after I lightly fried each corn tortilla and rolled them up with the beef and cheese filling, I'd only need a spoon full of enchilada sauce to cover each one before I baked them.

Next time I'll take off and drown it with enchilada sauce from orbit, just to be sure.

Ordered middle Eastern food from Mr. Falafel. One chicken platter and one "meat" (beef & lamb) platter. One regular salad and one tabouli. Of course there was also aioli and hummus and some pita, and, tada, pickled turnips.

mmm, pickled turnips sound good, tax.

jpb, how did you come across prime meats? a local butcher shop?

I was hoping you'd post a picture, Rock. That looks like a spectacular meal !!

Can you tell me how you do your chicken piccada? Mine is always just short of the mark.

Tonight is clean out fride here.

Last edited:
Catfish with polenta and wilted spinach.
Well, the polenta didn't happen because there was only enough left in the box for about a single serving. So we had Cajun spiced catfish with tartar, wilted spinach, oven roasted potatoes, and homemade sourdough. Oh, and the wine is homemade Chardonnay. :yum:

img_1113501_0_c1ca1e0e5c5b79830c8add4572a6b029.jpg

I was hoping you'd post a picture, Rock. That looks like a spectacular meal !!

Can you tell me how you do your chicken piccada? Mine is always just short of the mark.

Tonight is clean out fride here.
Thanks!
Pound, lightly salt and dredge chicken breast.
Brown in olive oil on both sides(approx 2 minutes per side)
Remove and set aside.
Add about 2 tblsp butter
When foamy add 1/2 cup chicken stock, reduce by half
Add 1/4 cup dry white wine(optional) keep it bubbling
Add juice of half lemon, 1/4 cup of well rinsed capers
Return chicken pieces to pan and let it bubble away(med hi)
Until reduced to gravy like consisency. Add fresh parsley and black pepper. Quick check to see if you need salt. Serve and spoon sauce and capers over top. Easy Peasey

you make everything look easy peasey, rock. good luck with your demonstration tonight--you can't help but be a big hit with the food crowd tonight. you'll have them eating right out of your 'hands'....:)

Thanks!
Pound, lightly salt and dredge chicken breast.
Brown in olive oil on both sides(approx 2 minutes per side)
Remove and set aside.
Add about 2 tblsp butter
When foamy add 1/2 cup chicken stock, reduce by half
Add 1/4 cup dry white wine(optional) keep it bubbling
Add juice of half lemon, 1/4 cup of well rinsed capers
Return chicken pieces to pan and let it bubble away(med hi)
Until reduced to gravy like consisency. Add fresh parsley and black pepper. Quick check to see if you need salt. Serve and spoon sauce and capers over top. Easy Peasey

This is the second time I've heard about rinsing the capers.
I'm betting that's how I've been slightly missing the mark with such a beautifully simple dish. Once again, it pays to ask questions, and now I know what's for dinner tonight. Much appreciated. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom