"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Will do, Norge! Thanks again. :D

Old 02-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
WHOO HOO... one's coming to Westlake.
That's only 15 minutes from me :D

Old 02-23-2005, 11:29 PM   #13
Chief Eating Officer

I love this store and I am constantly amazed by their prices. Stores always brag that they have good deals, but this is one place that actually takes it seriously and it shows.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:32 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

gb i'll have to check it out when it opens
Old 02-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

You won't be sorry. One of my favorite things to buy there is extra virgin olive oil. I LOVE their evoo. They have a number of different brands, but I like the Santini EVOO. I can get a bottle that is 16.9 ounces for $3.29. it is one of the best tasting olive oils I have had and I have tried quite a few. I can't say enough about this stuff.

Their prices are amazing and the quality of their food is even better. It would seem that the prices would be higher than usual because the quality so so good, but they are not. I love all their frozen foods too. They have a lot of Indian and Italian and Mexican frozen food. Such a nice change of pace from the frozen pizzas and stuff like that at the supermarket.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:57 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

sounds great! i hope they're opening soon now lol
Old 02-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #17
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
I love this store and I am constantly amazed by their prices. Stores always brag that they have good deals, but this is one place that actually takes it seriously and it shows.
GB I bought one of their new items under their label, Sante Fe cooking sauce. WOW is it great. if they have it at yours get it. I used it last night (I am going to see the manager at mine to teach his food demonstrators how I made it so they can serve it in the store). Took a chicken breast and pounded it with a meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. I put in cooked brown rice, black beans, bermuda onions, grated cheddar and jack and some of the sauce. Then rolled up the chicken breast like it was a tortilla for a burrito and placed it, seam side down, in a baking pan with some of the sauce in the bottom, poured more sauce over top, added grated cheese to the top and baked. Then added more cheese, and garnished with a dollop (sorry), sliced black olives, avacado, and served with buttered warm corn tortillas. WOW that sauce is the greatest.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:27 PM   #18
Chief Eating Officer

norgeskog that sounds delicious! I will have to look for that sauce next time I am there. I think the way your prepared it is a great idea.

Another good sauce they have it their General Tsao sauce. I was pretty impressed. A lot of times at Chinese restaurants I am disappointed in their General Tsao's so i was a bit skeptical to try Trader Joes version. It was really pretty good. It was not overly sweet and had a little bit of a kick.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #19
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
norgeskog that sounds delicious! I will have to look for that sauce next time I am there. I think the way your prepared it is a great idea.

Another good sauce they have it their General Tsao sauce. I was pretty impressed. A lot of times at Chinese restaurants I am disappointed in their General Tsao's so i was a bit skeptical to try Trader Joes version. It was really pretty good. It was not overly sweet and had a little bit of a kick.
GB that sounds great too. I have learned to trust their stuff. If they put their name on it, you can be sure they have eaten it first.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB

GB, I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and bought the General Tsao's sauce. Thanks for the recommendation. I love General Tsao's chicken.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote