Trader Joe's Near You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
norgeskog that sounds delicious! I will have to look for that sauce next time I am there. I think the way your prepared it is a great idea.

Another good sauce they have it their General Tsao sauce. I was pretty impressed. A lot of times at Chinese restaurants I am disappointed in their General Tsao's so i was a bit skeptical to try Trader Joes version. It was really pretty good. It was not overly sweet and had a little bit of a kick.

Coincidence????? GB I went to Trader Joe's on Saturday and guess what??? They were demonstrating Tsao with a new fresh vegie they had - sugar snap peas, bok choy and snow peas in same mix, added onion and the sauce, wow was it good, and yes I got a bottle and anxious to try it. I did not get the vegies however, as it was fresh and too much for me to eat before it spoiled. But I can get the same vegies in bulk so I can buy what I need and do the same thing, either with chicken or pork. MMMMM

GB said:
Cool :) Let me know what you think.

GB, I tried the General Tsao's sauce yesterday. I stir fried a chicken breast and then added the sauce. I let it simmer just a minute or so. Then I spooned it over hot rice and sprinkled it with green onions. It was very good. Not too spicy, but also not too sweet.

I haven't made it to Trader Joe's yet. Are the sauces you folks mentioned actually a Trader Joe's brand? I'd love to try the General Tsao's sauce!

DampCharcoal said:
Are the sauces you folks mentioned actually a Trader Joe's brand? I'd love to try the General Tsao's sauce!

Yes they are actually trader Joe's brand. Well actually the General Tsao's is under the Trader Ming name :)

Good stuff, GB! I'm a General Tsao's freak but the closest Chinese restaurants do a mediocre job, unfortunately. That reminds me, I made the sauce myself once and it turned out pretty close to the real thing. I think I posted the recipe but I'm not sure. I'll try to hunt it down.

SierraCook said:
Has anyone tried Trader Joe's Roasted Pepita Simmer Sauce? I bought a jar the other day and was just curious if anyone else has tried it.

I saw this the last time I was there, SierraCook, but could not put the two flavors together, pepita's are the center part of a pumpkin seed. Let me know how it tastes and if you like it. I will be going there again next week probably, so I would consider trying it if you liked it.

norgeskog said:
SierraCook said:
Has anyone tried Trader Joe's Roasted Pepita Simmer Sauce? I bought a jar the other day and was just curious if anyone else has tried it.

I saw this the last time I was there, SierraCook, but could not put the two flavors together, pepita's are the center part of a pumpkin seed. Let me know how it tastes and if you like it. I will be going there again next week probably, so I would consider trying it if you liked it.

I will try it this weekend and let you know what I think.

Get There

DampCharcoal said:
No way! I didn't know we had a TJ's in Columbus! The Easton location is only a 15 minute drive from here. Thanks for the post, Norge! 8) Most of the supermarkets around here are embarrassingly inadequate.

DC did you ever get to TJ's? How did you like it??

I'm afraid I haven't, Norge. I'm having some mechanical problems with the "Danger Ranger" and I don't trust it to go too far. TRUST ME, once I get the problem fixed (vacuum hoses I'm told, whatever those do), heading to TJ's is a top priority! I'm tired of shopping at the local Kroger!:evil:

DampCharcoal said:
I'm afraid I haven't, Norge. I'm having some mechanical problems with the "Danger Ranger" and I don't trust it to go too far. TRUST ME, once I get the problem fixed (vacuum hoses I'm told, whatever those do), heading to TJ's is a top priority! I'm tired of shopping at the local Kroger!:evil:

OK DC, just checking.

Back
Top Bottom