Trying to Plan this weeks meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I'm trying to plan this weeks meals and I'm stumped! All I have so far are scallops, chicken wings, and ribs.

I'd absolutely LOVE to hear whats regularly gets set out on your tables!! Pictures too please, and recipes :D

i plan menus for a month, then i buy on line for the month.

unless i have found a super good recipe,i buy sorta basic, chicken and meat.

steak=couple different kinds.
ground beef
chicken thighs and chicken breasts and livers, sometimes a whole chicken and wings.
pork chops, ribs

these items are the start of a dinner, from my pantry i can take spices, herbs , and change up the flavors of the meat.

try these"

roast=two dinners, one of just the roast and another of shreded roast as filler for mexican dishes ie tacos
i freeze ground beef in small portions , about a hand full. for mexican food
(only cook only for myself.) if i plan a meat loaf, i frezze a bigger package.
meat loaf dinner and then sandwiches from meat loaf.

i may have a special thing i want to try, so buy the stuff for that.

guests for dinner, plan menu, many ideas on line, then buy what is called for in recipes.

i do pork chops and some chicken with panko crumbs for coating.

when i want something that is hard to make two servings , i make it anywayIE.spag. then i share with my son and his family. same on soup or stew.

hope this is not too rambling. if u pick a meat as a starting point, tell me and i will try to come up with a take on that.

babe:chef:

I am afraid we are some of those people who don't plan in advance. There are just the two of us and we basically either figure out what we feel like or go to the store and find out what is available and particularly what is on sale.

Course if we had a family to feed we would have to plan.

Back
Top Bottom