"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #11
Master Chef

Once upon a time, many years ago, I thought I'd like to be a chef. I've always, and I do mean always, loved to cook. When I was in the service I messed around a bit in the club kitchen and bar, and enjoyed it. So in that gap between military service and my next employment I took a job as a waitress. This is going to sound stupid, but I learned about the heat in the kitchen. Not just the emotional pressure (that's there too) but the physical heat. I sweat A LOT, period. I learned that I simply cannot take that much heat. I agree with everyone to take the lowest paying job in the kitchen and do that for a summer. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Well I work in a bakery and do not have that much of a problem with the heat but Claire is right do it for a summer and see if its for you.

Rgds Sugarcreations

Old 08-14-2006, 08:52 AM   #13
Master Chef

Working in a bakery takes more muscles than most jobs. You need to be able to push and pull and lift. You need strong arms and a strong back.