"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Hope you're back to feeling yourself again soon, Princess. The body aches have been miserable.

To help keep it 'daily dinner' related, I haven't even felt like looking at folks' food, let alone commenting about the sad things I've been having to force down the past few days.
Try eggnog as an easy meal replacement.

I swap out the sugar for a packet of artificial sweetener.

You can also toss a couple of ice cubes in the blender to make it thicker like a milkshake.

I need quick easy comfort food

Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #12
Head Chef

Lobster corn chowder with sherry.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
I got a copy cat recipe for El Pollo Loco chicken off the net. I don't have a grill so I'll have to broil the chicken pieces. Right now I'm marinating chicken breasts and thighs (24 hours). My homemade El Pollo Loco chicken marinade smells delicious. I even added 8 drops of yellow food coloring for that authentic El Pollo Loco chicken look. I'm hoping someone bookmarks the site below and tries grilling the chicken pieces and maybe report back to us here sometime. Cole slaw, corn on the cob, Mexican rice, and Mexcian style beans are good side dishes. Flour tortillas with some mild chunky salsa on it too, of course.

El Pollo Loco Chicken Recipe - Food.com
I just read the recipe. I would boil the reserved marinade before using it for basting the chicken.

I'm still not feeling well, either. Stomach starts hurting soon after I eat, no matter what it is, so I'm not eating much.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I just read the recipe. I would boil the reserved marinade before using it for basting the chicken.
Thanks for the concern, but I didn't let the reserve marinade touch the chicken. I set the reserve marinade aside right after making it and stored it in the fridge.

Tags
dinner