Tues. Dinner Dec. 30, '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rummaging around, I found some pasta sauce, a few Italian sausages and a partial box of fettuccine.

I browned the sausages and simsmered them in the sauce. It was pretty tasty.

After my huge breakfast this morning, not looking at eating tonight. Had a cup of beef broth.

In order to avoid yet another meal of leftovers, we opted to eat out tonight at our favorite Thai restaurant. I had the Gratiem Prik Thai (a garlic & black pepper dish).

img_1404280_0_36c148b1bc996cdbf9b04e4abd600961.jpg

I've had the flu for the past few days. :( Tonight's dinner was a scrambled egg, a piece of dry toast, and water.

I think I'm starting to feel human again, hopefully by tomorrow.

I've had the flu for the past few days. :( Tonight's dinner was a scrambled egg, a piece of dry toast, and water.

I think I'm starting to feel human again, hopefully by tomorrow.

Yes, I had that a couple weekends ago, still not feeling great.

Yes, I had that a couple weekends ago, still not feeling great.

Hope you're back to feeling yourself again soon, Princess. The body aches have been miserable.

To help keep it 'daily dinner' related, I haven't even felt like looking at folks' food, let alone commenting about the sad things I've been having to force down the past few days.

I got a copy cat recipe for El Pollo Loco chicken off the net. I don't have a grill so I'll have to broil the chicken pieces. Right now I'm marinating chicken breasts and thighs (24 hours). My homemade El Pollo Loco chicken marinade smells delicious. I even added 8 drops of yellow food coloring for that authentic El Pollo Loco chicken look. I'm hoping someone bookmarks the site below and tries grilling the chicken pieces and maybe report back to us here sometime. Cole slaw, corn on the cob, Mexican rice, and Mexcian style beans are good side dishes. Flour tortillas with some mild chunky salsa on it too, of course. :yum:

El Pollo Loco Chicken Recipe - Food.com

Last edited:
Hope you're back to feeling yourself again soon, Princess. The body aches have been miserable.

To help keep it 'daily dinner' related, I haven't even felt like looking at folks' food, let alone commenting about the sad things I've been having to force down the past few days.

Try eggnog as an easy meal replacement.

I swap out the sugar for a packet of artificial sweetener.

You can also toss a couple of ice cubes in the blender to make it thicker like a milkshake.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/i-need-quick-easy-comfort-food-79827.html#post1145086

I got a copy cat recipe for El Pollo Loco chicken off the net. I don't have a grill so I'll have to broil the chicken pieces. Right now I'm marinating chicken breasts and thighs (24 hours). My homemade El Pollo Loco chicken marinade smells delicious. I even added 8 drops of yellow food coloring for that authentic El Pollo Loco chicken look. I'm hoping someone bookmarks the site below and tries grilling the chicken pieces and maybe report back to us here sometime. Cole slaw, corn on the cob, Mexican rice, and Mexcian style beans are good side dishes. Flour tortillas with some mild chunky salsa on it too, of course. :yum:

El Pollo Loco Chicken Recipe - Food.com

I just read the recipe. I would boil the reserved marinade before using it for basting the chicken.

I'm still not feeling well, either. Stomach starts hurting soon after I eat, no matter what it is, so I'm not eating much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom