Tues., Sept. 5 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You betcha it does Michellemarie.

I think we might have either baked potatoes with all kinds of fattening goodies or Frito pies with Ballpark Beef Hotdogs.

I'm sorry you all are having cool, cloudy weather. Saturday and Sunday we were in the 90's, yesterday 88 and today about 80.

Some of my tomatoes have finished producing, but others are still going strong, as are my zucchini and jalapenos.

My daughter and a new 'friend' are visiting, my son's classes don't start till tomorrow..
so it's pizza for tonight.

BLT sandwiches and cupcakes. With a big cold glass of milk. I would love to have a cup of coffee but I had to give it up. :rolleyes:

Tonight is my fantasy football league's draft so I'm saving my appetite for beer and nachos. I just have to remember not to eat over top of my cheat sheets. Last year I wiped out a bunch of receivers with gooey cheese.

ronjohn55 said:
Nope. Leave work, drive down to campus, attend class, get home around 10:00pm, go to bed, get back up at 4:30 tomorrow morning and come back to work. :yuk:

John

:LOL: Hey are you my DH?????? Same schedule and same name.......:LOL:

Just made a pretty large spread for fiance' and me... mini pizzas with italian sausage appetizers, main course is going to be crab cakes, garlic/basil polenta, and pasta with alfredo sauce (my first attempt making the alfredo... came out OK). Perhaps some leftover cheesecake for dessert if either can eat any more.

Quicky tonight,
Baked pasta, (based on baked ziti) using farfalle and orecchiette, (that's what I have in the pantry) italian sausage, schrooms, onion, red bell peppers, lots of garlic, basil from the garden and a canned sauce that I'll spruce up a bit with fresh tomatoes and oregano. Cheeses will be mozz, parm and gouda (because I want to use it up). Probably mince up a few jalopeno's for heat, (yeah I know it's not Italian but thats what I have on hand).:)

We're having a real feast tonight. Our son brought seafood up from Florida... redfish that he caught himself, grouper, and shrimp. Everyone took a vote, and fried came out on top, so fried it is. Kim uses a propane set-up out in the barn, and Zatarains for coating. I've never had it on shrimp, but we will see. He's gonna throw some onion rings in, also.
I have some great Italian pasta salad that's had a couple of days to "age", store-bought slaw :ohmy: , peach cobbler and ice cream.

My sister and I just moved into our apartment last week, so we're still stocking up on basics.

Tonight, I had some Chickarina soup (Progresso...I know, I'm bad for not home-making!).

I also needed to use up some tomatoes that were fast going to be unusable, so I sliced them nice and thick, dipped them in egg an bread crumbs, and pan-fried them in canola oil. A little salt and pepper, and Yum!!!

My sister, a vegetarian, was a bit more creative with a veggie and rice one-pot meal. She isn't one for recipes. She just grabs random spices and herbs off the shelf and throws them in with whatever veggies we have around. Tonight it was yellow squash, green pepper, tomato, garlic, onion...and...that might be it. She added a little vegetable boullion and some water and some rice and steamed it for 20 minutes. I don't know what spices she used!

very yummy. topped it off with some yummy brownies!

Alix said:
That is just not fair! How long is your course? Are you going to be forfeiting dinner for a while or just a week or so? And the beer? What about that?

14 weeks (13 now - although there will probably be a few night where class does not meet). If it's not too late when I get home, I may have a beer then...

John

ronjohn, are you saying that in approximately 3 months, you'll have no class?

i beat you to it. i never had any... :)

buckytom said:
ronjohn, are you saying that in approximately 3 months, you'll have no class?

i beat you to it. i never had any... :)

No, I'll have ANOTHER class, or maybe two...

But, you did remind me of one of my all time favorite movie quotes!

"Well, why don't you come and see me some time when you have no class." (From Back to School...)

John

Back
Top Bottom