Tuesday 01.17.12 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New oven being installed today... I'm thinking a boneless lamb leg roast to break it in...

I love lamb! How did the new oven treat it? Welcome to DC!

Went with a shake and bake type recipe. I used some cornmeal with ground chipotle, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper....oops,.milk wash first, then oven for about an hour at 375.....

That looks great! Did you season the potatoes?

Impressive! What are the other dishes around the ribs?

Dinner will be the chicken I didn't get to yesterday.

Breakfast was – Chive and (Land O Lakes) American cheese omelet (a little browner than I like) with sliced tomato on the side.

img_1097465_1_21e3471a2f6f8ab4e65927b12e06ffca.jpg

This looks tasty, but the tomatoes look amazing! I've not seen tomatoes like that since September!

I came home early tonight with a desire for chicken and dumplings. Then...I took a nap. Woke up and we went to try out a new South American restaurant. Working late tomorrow, so perhaps I will make Chicken and dumplings on Thursday. :rolleyes:

I love lamb! How did the new oven treat it? Welcome to DC!

That looks great! Did you season the potatoes?

This looks tasty, but the tomatoes look amazing! I've not seen tomatoes like that since September!

I came home early tonight with a desire for chicken and dumplings. Then...I took a nap. Woke up and we went to try out a new South American restaurant. Working late tomorrow, so perhaps I will make Chicken and dumplings on Thursday. :rolleyes:
Thank you DL and kathleen. The shop-rite my hub works at has had BEAUTIFUL vine tomatoes all year round.

Thank you. Grilled mushrooms, fermented bean paste, 2 kinds of turnip kimchi, garlic steam kimchi, seasoned squid, cucumber kimchi, pickled turnip, lettuce, pepper, cucumber in water and vinegar.

so far all i have is chicken thighs cooked with green chili salsa. don't know what is with it. will have to see what is within my calorie count. maybe some fat free refried beans. we will see.

ended up with half a baked potato , refried beans on top, sprinkle of cheese , shredded the chicken and put on. couple spoons more of salsa. sounds weird i know , but was tasty and really filled me up. :pig:

Here's the cabbage roll soup topped with sour cream and parsley, sourdough rye fingers to dunk. I think I'll blanch the kraut next time (and add a little sugar). I added sugar to cut some of the saltiness. Or, perhaps soak the kraut 6-8 hours before making the soup to get rid of some of the salt (or use a jar from the 2nd batch this year--not quite as salty as the first batch). I can't stop eating it, so yes, it is good:chef:

Attachments

• cabbage_roll_soup.JPG
    cabbage_roll_soup.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 138
I should add that I also put in a bit of flour. Maybe about a handful to a cup of cornmeal. I used skim milk and shake it off pretty good, so the coating isn't very heavy. That's it.
You make me want to make oven-fried Shake-n-Bake Rock's way! Looked great! Guess you got the camera back...but no pics of the sausages?

here's the cabbage roll soup topped with sour cream and parsley, sourdough rye fingers to dunk. I think i'll blanch the kraut next time (and add a little sugar). I added sugar to cut some of the saltiness. Or, perhaps soak the kraut 6-8 hours before making the soup to get rid of some of the salt (or use a jar from the 2nd batch this year--not quite as salty as the first batch). I can't stop eating it, so yes, it is good:chef:
yummy!

Thanks! Where did you get those tomatoes?

Don't let the size of the bowl fool you, I ate 2 (I had more "dunkers" left--I had to have more soup to do the bread justice):yum:
Shop-Rite supermarket. They have BEAUTIFUL vine tomatoes all year.

I am so jealous! Since I have to live on campus during the week, I have to eat at the dining hall. That said, tonight's dinner wasn't too bad. Grilled chicken which was quite tasty, mashed sweet potatoes, steamed squash and zucchini, raw carrots with a vinaigrette dressing, and two M&M brownies. When the weekend rolls around I'm gonna be cooking up a storm!

Here's the cabbage roll soup topped with sour cream and parsley, sourdough rye fingers to dunk. I think I'll blanch the kraut next time (and add a little sugar). I added sugar to cut some of the saltiness. Or, perhaps soak the kraut 6-8 hours before making the soup to get rid of some of the salt (or use a jar from the 2nd batch this year--not quite as salty as the first batch). I can't stop eating it, so yes, it is good:chef:
I wish I could've sampled some.

Back
Top Bottom