Tuesday 1/17/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
If the London broil thaws in time I will make what I call potted steak. If not it will be fettuccine alfredo.

Thinking takeout pizza. Happy Joe's has a thin and crispy. Pepperoni, mushroom, and onion sounds good. I have a coupon.

DH bruised a few ribs after doing a slip and fall on our front steps after the ice storm. Some men are whiney babies. DH stayed home from work today, just to drive me crazy.

DW made roast chicken, mashed butternut squash with honey, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, and salad.

A neighbour dropped off re-fried rice and spring rolls. The 8th grader made another dipping sauce that is amazing. We made egg drop soup (but we added a bunch of veggies to it). Waiting for the Dad to come home. Another fun day in the kitchen.

I'll be having a steamed artichoke with garlic lemon butter, and the rest of the shrimp/pasta/veggie salad I made a couple of days ago. :yum:

Hope DH feels better soon, Dawg!

Last edited:
I'll be having a steamed artichoke with garlic lemon butter, and the rest of the shrimp/pasta/veggie salad I made a couple of days ago. :yum:

Hope DH feels better soon, Dawg!

Thanks Cheryl! Nothing worse than an injured or sick man! Gawd. I'm ready to trade him in. Or get a refund.

Last edited:
My condolences Dawg, when my own DH is down for any reason, I find somewhere to hide :LOL:

Tonight I made ONE of DH's fav, Chicken Parm with pasta

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/56875-albums1045-picture6835.jpg

Here's my beef:
My brand new, perfect looking ceramic floor is no longer perfect,
DANG IT!!!
The grease popped and hissed and flew everywhere, as it does when you fry something. Now I've got to figure out how to clean that up!
Any suggestions DC friends?

Here's my beef:
My brand new, perfect looking ceramic floor is no longer perfect,
DANG IT!!!
The grease popped and hissed and flew everywhere, as it does when you fry something. Now I've got to figure out how to clean that up!

Live with it. Life's too short to worry about a perfect kitchen floor.

...DH bruised a few ribs after doing a slip and fall on our front steps after the ice storm. Some men are whiney babies...
Maybe he's whiny because he cracked a rib or two? Himself doesn't even say "boo" when he's sick. But when he cracked one this time - and he's sure it's broken since it feels just like the other two times he broke a rib in motorcycle accidents - the poor guy moaned every time he moved around. Thankfully, he's finally beyond that stage. No moaning for nearly a week! Give your DH a few weeks before you apply "pillow therapy". ;)

...The grease popped and hissed and flew everywhere, as it does when you fry something. Now I've got to figure out how to clean that up!
One of these two sites might help:

For a new stain:
Removing Grease and Stains from Kitchen Tiles - Bathroom and Kitchen Tiles | Wall and Floor Tiles

And in case they've already settled into their new home: How to Remove Set-in Grease Stains From a Tile Floor | Home Guides | SF Gate

If neither of those help, follow GG's advice.

We had a pork tenderloin roasted with shallots and figs; I made a sauce by deglazing the pan with a bit of port wine. Sides were baby potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary, and butternut squash that was roasted then mashed with a bit of nutmeg. Guess it was good, or else Himself was eating for two! :ohmy: :LOL:

Attachments

• 2017-01-17 21.03.07.jpg
    2017-01-17 21.03.07.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 123
Cracked ribs hurt, I know from experience. They also tend to give lasting "twinges" that take your breath away when you move the wrong way for months and months afterward.

Back
Top Bottom