Tuesday 1/25/2011, What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Good day everyone!!

It is snowing "wintery mix" and is supposed to do this till thursday!! YIKES!!

I didn't think out todays dinner ahead of time. I think it will be omelets.
Green pepper, onions, mushrooms and cheese with fried potatoes and rye bread/toast.

I thawed a pound of Beef Liver. I finally have Panko and am going to use it to have:

Chicken Fried Liver
Country White Sauce
Carmelized Onion
Bacon
Green Beans

I'm thinking cheese soup with grilled ham sandwiches. I may experiment and fry up some bacon to add to the soup. I usually just use veggies in it but I have some slices of bacon sitting in the fridge from another recipe. Need to use them soon.

I browned a 3lb pice of pork shoulder that was covered in homemade BBQ rub that is now in the pressure cooker for an hour. I"ll put it in a low oven and let it cook a bit more and serve it with some tiny oven baked new potatoes

I've got chicken breasts marinating in Montreal seasoning. Will make a pot of rice w/ mushrooms, some steamed green beans and a fruit salad.

I am now thinking of a whole different direction with most of those ingredients. I am thinking of sauteing green pepper, onion, mushrooms and smoked ham then adding leftover brown rice a frying. Does this sound interesting? What seasoning would you add? I don't think soy/asian seasoning with the smoked ham would go over to big with the family.

I am now thinking of a whole different direction with most of those ingredients. I am thinking of sauteing green pepper, onion, mushrooms and smoked ham then adding leftover brown rice a frying. Does this sound interesting? What seasoning would you add? I don't think soy/asian seasoning with the smoked ham would go over to big with the family.

Good ole salt and pepper??

Add a bit of chopped tomatos in there and add some creole seasoning. Jambalaya style...

Thank you AD. Thats a given.

Thank you RL. Don't have any of that.

Do you have any of this?
Creole seasoning blend

2tb onion powder
2tb garlic powder
2tb oregano
2tb basil
1tb thyme
1tb Black pepper
1tb White pepper
1tb Cayenne
5tb paprika
3tb salt

I keep this in a jar and use it whenever I cook Jambalaya or Red Beans. Sometimes I add a bit of brown sugar to some of it and use it as a rub.

Last edited:
MsMofet-I said the "salt and pepper" because your ingredients sound like they would taste just fine without any dressing up. Yummy combo you have there.

Do you have any of this?
Creole seasoning blend

2tb onion powder
2tb garlic powder
2tb oregano
2tb basil
1tb thyme
1tb Black pepper
1tb White pepper
1tb Cayenne
5tb paprika
3tb salt

I keep this in a jar and use it whenever I cook Jambalaya or Red Beans. Sometimes I add a bit of brown sugar to some of it and use it as a rub.
I have most of those in one grinder and the other in seperate bottle blended for my "AP" seasoning and oregano in a grinder of it's own.

MsMofet-I said the "salt and pepper" because your ingredients sound like they would taste just fine without any dressing up. Yummy combo you have there.
I may just sauted the ham and veggies and just add the rice and maybe some kidney beans and called "No clue"!! LOL

Last edited:
Made some beef stew with the stock I made last night. Have some stock to go in the freezer as well.

Everything sounds really good, but I am hungry for omelets now, so I may go with that! I could have english muffins with them with good ol' blueberry jam that I got from Michigan when I was there last month...:rolleyes:

James asked for deviled eggs. He will have that and a vegetable. I am having "one-bean salad." :LOL: It is just green beans with oil and vinegar dressing and sprinkled with celery seed. Five more days and I will be a meat-eater again. :cool: For dessert I will have fresh cherries. James will probably have a banana.
Off to finish his eggs now.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom