Tuesday, 1/4/11, What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're eating out of the freezer tonight. We're having some tomato sauce with Italian sausage over spaghetti.

We are having hot roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Bourbon.......
Oyster Shooters......
(Red) Snapper Pontchartrain.....Sauteed in butter...topped with a lemon/butter/parsley/crab meat sauce..
Blanched Broccoli...reheated in a garlic infused olive oil..Grated Parmesan on top..
Baked Potatoes.
Mini French Loaves...
Chocolate Ice Cream.....

Spicy cashew chicken
Simple stir-fry of cashews, chicken, red peppers and baby bok choi.

img_955413_0_5e67b21275b639c2f91e2ccda68ed928.jpg

Spicy cashew chicken
Simple stir-fry of cashews, chicken, red peppers and baby bok choi.

img_955416_0_5e67b21275b639c2f91e2ccda68ed928.jpg

That looks fantastic!! Would you mind going into a bit more detail on the recipe. I have chicken, green peppers and cashews.

An ABT is an Atomic Buffalo Turd.

It's a jalapeno pepper stuffed with a Lil smokie sausage and seasoned cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and smoked. The most amazing things to eat.

That sounds wonderful. Is there a way to make them without smoking them? I don't have a smoker.

We are having hot roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Have you been peeking at my leftovers again? As I said, we're doing roast beef melts today, and I just decided on green beans to go with.

threw some chicken thighs in my mini crockpot. poured chili sauce over them. maybe some onion rings. there is a smidgen of sweet potato and pea salad. will finish them off. maybe a pepsi float for dessert. mistake ordered with caffeine in it. so can't eat float to late.

Have you been peeking at my leftovers again? As I said, we're doing roast beef melts today, and I just decided on green beans to go with.

*puts away the binoculars* um.. no...not at all. :angel:

It's just me eating here and even I'd have a hard time gettin' down ten or so ABTs... and live to tell about it :LOL:

Yeah, they freeze just fine. I thaw before reheating and usually nuke them on a med/high setting to reheat.

I ate 6 one night. The next morning I thought I was going to die!!

I am having Taco's tonight.

Last edited:
My Taco spaghetti turned into egg noodles with multi-cheese sauce and the taco/spaghetti sauce wasn't quite the way I want it, so I'll work on that later, and just have some egg noodles and add more cheeses. I have Asiago, Cheddar, Low Fat American, Mozzarella and processed Swiss slices.

The cheese sauce was thin, leftover from another dish. I mixed some with salsa last night for a delicious, but sloppy cracker dip snack. I'll just keep adding cheeses until it's nice and thick.:chef:

That looks fantastic!! Would you mind going into a bit more detail on the recipe. I have chicken, green peppers and cashews.

For the recipe I did not measure anything. (Yes I am bad about that)

First marinade chicken in a bit of light soy sauce and corn starch.

Make a corn starch slurry.

Make sauce a few tablespoons of chicken stock. (I don’t like a lot of sauce so I used perhaps three tablespoons.) A bit of chili garlic sauce. (I used about a teaspoon). And about 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce.

Then I cut up veggies. Stalks of bok choi were sliced thin, tops were torn into big pieces. Red pepper cut into pointy bits.

Got wok screaming hot, add oil then chicken. Cook chicken a bit then add ginger and garlic. When fragrant add cashew nuts. When everything has some color remove from wok. If needed add more oil then add stalks of bok choi and peppers after they have cooked a bit add tops of bok choi and sauce. Then add a bit of the corn starch slurry. Coat everything with sauce and plate.

Video should be up on You Tube tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to your video. It looks and sounds just delicious. I can do that.:chef:

The kid is returning to college today so it will be hubby and me tonight. After cooking all the kid's favorites, I'm not sure what to make tonight. I'll wait and see what moves me when dinner time comes.
I found a package of brats in the freezer so we had those with
German potato salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom