Tuesday, 10-20-15 dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Fontina fonduta (that was supposed to have shaved truffles in it and I FORGOT until we were done), marinated red bell peppers, and bruleed pork belly with 3 different mustards, cognac mustard, rosemary and tymye mustard (2 previous homemade), and a wasabi/dijon mix.

37240-albums1008-picture6305.jpg

And I can't believe I took a picture of the plate with a chip in it. :mad:

Your dinner looks fantastic.
We are having stewed steaks in beef broth and bacon. A corn pudding. A pasta salad with homemade Italian dressing. Also leftover mashed potatoes.

Made a slow cooker meal today - Thai pork in peanut sauce over rice. Side of leftover beets from yesterday. Surprisingly good combination - I wouldn't have paired them unless the beets were in the fridge.

Taco Tuesday. The pulled pork tacos I had yesterday were so good that I decided to have them again. :) I had to make more pico de gallo, but that's easy. I love tacos...beef, pork, chicken, fish....just about any way. :yum:

I went to a potluck dinner meeting with the master gardeners. I made a chicken enchilada casserole with lime-cilantro sour cream. DH was teaching class tonight so I left him a plate to warm up.

Medtran, if you hadn't mentioned the chip on the plate, we would have just thought it was a garnish, or a heart decoration.

We just got back from a celebration of life for a dear friend. Meatballs, veggies and dip, chicken and cream cheese in puff pastry, all sorts of other finger foods.

Last edited:
Medtran, if you hadn't mentioned the chip on the plate, we would have just thought it was a garnish, or a heart decoration...
Yup, same here!

It was supposed to be chicken, asparagus, and a rice dish. Again. However, my dear SIL called to say "can I stop by? I have some ham and bean soup for you". OK, we just saw each other yesterday for an hour, I figured she was coming alone, and she'd walk in, say hi, and leave. Uh, no. Her DH came with her (that's cool) and he proceeded to talk for nearly two hours. :huh: Hello! We haven't eaten yet.

We had ham and bean soup with focaccia. Tomorrow WILL be chicken, etc. After all, third time's the charm. If not, fourth time is spoiled chicken...

Very nice vegetarian fare tonight! Our hosts go often without the meat.

Eggplant Parmisan sandwiches and a very nice salad of lettuce, radishes, tomato, cheddar cheese, red onion, with very many choices of dressings of it. Very nice!

I pan fried some brined boneless thick pork chops and did a mustard skillet sauce for them with white wine, Dijon, butter and cream. We had salads topped with the yummy grilled veggies from last night and TJ's Green Goddess salad dressing. SC had garlic bread sticks.

Back
Top Bottom