Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken Quesadillas with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper strips, sweet onion slices, salsa, etc. topped with extra sharp cheddar.

Like a few others here, I had planned on a stir fry ( chicken), but when I got home from work DH was trying to install the new router we purchased last weekend. (I usually do these techie things) we ended up spending more than an hour getting things up and running. It was so late we just had leftovers for dinner :(. I guess the stir fry can be done tomorrow night.

taxlady said:
Okay, I'm curious. How do you get a filet of meat substitute? What kind of meat is pretending to be?

Apparently it's supposed to be a chicken substitute. I'm not a vegetarian by the way, I was just intrigued to try them out as they were on offer.
My opinion, they do taste quite like chicken! For chicken eaters, they could never replace a nice piece of real meat, but I like them. They have the texture of chicken once cooked, although during the cooking process they do look quite horrible. Once done though they look really nice and surprisingly succulent.
They're really high in protein which is good for me as I need all the protein I can get at the moment.
The Quorn company also do mince which is supposed to replicate minced beef, and I like that too.
I don't think I could ever become vegetarian though. We just bought these to try as they were on offer.

Wow I haven't posted in one of these forums in forever (I think the last time I did, it was probably back before Christmas)...

Last night me and the family tried a recipe that we had never tried cooking before. A couple of weeks ago we went into publix to pick up a cake and you know those lovely people that are standing there cooking (knowing your hungry when you come in shopping) and are serving different kinds of food? Yeah, well this lady had some chicken that looked delicious and it was called Pub-Style Chicken and Caramelized Onions. The DH loved it at publix so I decided to recreate it at home and I was SUCCESSFUL :ROFLMAO: It was very delicious, very easy & didn't take to much time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom