Tuesday, 11-21-17, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Hopefully, we'll finally get around to having our roasted butternut squash pie with ham, caramelized onions, smoked moz, hatch chiles, etc. Been trying to have that since Thursday or Friday, but either we were too tired or wanted something else.

I'll be busy baking all day. SO and GD are having golobkies she had made and frozen earlier. I'll be having a pulled pork (from the freezer) sandwich and BBQ beans (from a can).

I'm heading back to my old town this afternoon to get my hair cut (when you find a good barber, you only go to a new one when one of you dies). Since it's a 40 minute trip, I'm also going to do some food shopping in markets that don't exist where I live now. So, I'll hit up the Korean market for sliced pork and beef for tomorrow night's bulgogi, plus various ban chan, of course. And frozen dumplings of different types (shrimp shu mai, veggie wontons, pork dumplings, etc..). Also, I'm sure I won't leave with a few kinds of fish with which to make sashimi.

Then it's off to the Hispanic market for things like dried peppers, dried mushrooms, herbs, rice, and cheap fruits and veggies for my birds.

I decided to take the night off, so I'll get a chance to play in the kitchen l. DW and my boy will be out by the time I get home.

I'm thinking making either Zuppa di Pesce, or maybe Pla Muk Yang (Thai style grilled squid) with a green papaya slaw on the side, all topped with lots of cilantro.

I should probably refill the propane tanks for the grill whil I'm at it.

Today is DH's birthday, so I made lasagna - I've been making it for his birthday as long as we've been married [emoji813] We will also have a green salad and quick tiramisu for dessert.

Happy birthday to Mr GG.

I've been standing with the refrigerator door open and scratching my head. Not many leftovers to clean up. One serving of scalloped potatoes. Am thawing a pkg of hamburger and will make hard shell tacos. And I will spiff up a can of pintos and make refried beans. Both those leftovers can go in the freezer. A little cheese and salsa and that's it.

Another beef pot pie for me tonight. Or Pizza Rolls.

Last nights prep was a wash out. I had to take DD somewhere after she got out of work and the traffic was terrible! We got home later than expected and all I got done was cranberry relish. So tonight will be make for yesterday.

I made a good size batch of sweet and sour beef stew in the pressure cooker this morning. We're having half of it tonight, and I sent the other half to our daughter and SIL, as I don't think she is up for much cooking with the new baby.

Leftovers again at the doghouse. I gotta' drive to Houston tomorrow, and don't want to come home on Monday to any science projects in the fridge.

While at my parent's house for the next few days, I can predict what every single meal will be. I'll bet a hundred bucks, without hesitation, that dinner Wednesday will be Italian sausage and meatballs simmered for hours in Prego pasta sauce, served with sub rolls from Kroger's bakery department. Any takers?

CD

I'll take you,up on dinner with the folks! I love a sauseege and a meataballs. And rolls.

No pasta?

Will unripe avocado work for dastards? You haven't had those in a while.

CD:)

:LOL: I still check each time I type tostadas... Oh, oh...I've been upgraded to "dadaists".. :ROFLMAO:

and... no bet on Wednesdays dinner... Growing up, I knew each meal my mom would make, for days before and after a holiday.. :)

Ross

Oh my gosh, you guys are too funny!

Tomorrow wile be a busy day for most of us cooks, as I will be.

DH and I have decided to spend it out and about together, we'll
first have a nice breakfast out and then off to the green grocer
to pick up our fresh turkey.

Then, our cable TV modem went out and we can't watch
anything (how'm I gonna watch the Macy's Parade ??? never mind Jeopardy!) ... so we'll stop into their retail store for a new one,
at no charge to us, because "we're valued customers" ... it's barely been
a year since that dang thing was installed, gosh darned it, that better be free! :furious:

And then it's home to brine that birdie, make the pie crust or the entire pie(s),
and the coleslaw too.

I wanted to think a little more ahead and have lunch prepped for the next two days, that way if we get hungry I don't have to stop and make a different meal... hmmm, make-ahead breakfast burritos may be a good idea too :idea:

OH!
Wait a minute, we're talking about tonight's dinner ...

004.JPG

I made my ole' school version of Tuna Casserole earlier today to share with the gal across the street from us.
She was so kind and offered to hem my new slacks that were WAY too long. The recipe I have makes enough for 4 people, so I shared half with her as a thank you.
Now I'm thinking I should have saved that for tomorrow's lunch :LOL:
Oh well, I have enough lunch meats to last through the next few days, and I have a coupla frozen meals available too for dinner leading up to the big day.

Happy birthday to the Mister, GG! Lasagna does sound good.

Kgirl...funny how you mentioned your modem issue - well, not FUNNY, but coincidental...I called my satellite provider just the other day to change my billing info from one card to another. After they got the info they started into the "....since you are such a valued customer...." spiel, I said no thanks, I'm not interested. :LOL:

Ross...LOL. Just for fun I typed 'tostada' again on my phone and I guess it's used to it now...there were no funny autocorrects. :(

Casey....safe travels to Houston. Let us know if your predictions were correct!

Oh....dinner this evening was a couple of pieces of fried chicken from the deli, and the last of the watermelon and cucumber. I'm trying to keep the kitchen clean and the fridge space cleared as much as possible until after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom