Tuesday, 11/6/18 What do you "elect" to eat. Cast your vote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good lookin' spaghetti dishes, Med and Roch. :yum: CG....I'm stuffed full of scallops and asparagus, but your chicken soup looks so good that I could go for a cup of that for dessert. :)

Awesome. Well, I would think it would be awesome. You could have set up a hive and had the beekeeper put the bees in. But, really, honey bees are pretty tame and not as irritable as drunk wasps. Good luck though.
Whether bees are "tame" or not depends on the species and how they have been treated - they're not livestock. Setting up a hive is not as simple as you seem to think. But an experienced beekeeper can capture a swarm and get them into a hive.

We went for Mexican on Taco Tuesday - I would *love* to have a taco truck on every corner! [emoji38]

So, with an extra chicken breast I cooked the other night, I made shredded chicken with salsa, etc., and served it with rice and chopped poblano peppers from the garden.
1106182013.jpg

Whether bees are "tame" or not depends on the species and how they have been treated - they're not livestock. Setting up a hive is not as simple as you seem to think. But an experienced beekeeper can capture a swarm and get them into a hive.

I don't know anything about bees. I just want them out of my house.

I love nature. I'm a bit of a "tree hugger." I get along just fine with all kinds of animals... as long as they stay out of my house!!!

Those bees may be totally "tame," but I don't want to "coexist" with them in my house.

Now, back on topic, what are the winners and losers of the dinner election? My BBQ sandwich was a winner. It was a brisket sandwich, and I got to choose what part of the brisket I wanted, which was the point (AKA, moist end).

They gave me sauce for it, but good brisket "don't need no sauce."

So, today started at Waffle House (good), followed by a crappy drive home in a rental car (bad), followed by the arrival home to a house full of bees (very bad), and ended with some righteous BBQ in a pretty nice hotel (good).

The hotel cost too much, but everything in my zip-code costs too much. :ermm: :(

CD

Last edited:
I don't know anything about bees. I just want them out of my house.

I love nature. I'm a bit of a "tree hugger." I get along just fine with all kinds of animals... as long as they stay out of my house!!!

Those bees may be totally "tame," but I don't want to "coexist" with them in my house.

I sure wasn't suggesting that you let them move in with you! [emoji38] I like our bees, but we gave them a great place to live - outside in the yard.

I’m one of those with an irrational fear of bees. A phobia. It extends to wasps and any other insect that flies like a tiny drone. It’s not because they sting; I’ve been stung a couple times by bees, and a couple of times by yellow jackets. It hurts, but not much.

It’s the way they fly. With their legs hanging down, and slow. It’s just evil.

I sure wasn't suggesting that you let them move in with you! [emoji38] I like our bees, but we gave them a great place to live - outside in the yard.

I know you weren't suggesting I let them move in... although I have a suspicion from some of our past interactions that you wouldn't mind if I got stung a few times. :glare::D

CD

Back
Top Bottom