Tuesday, 11/6/18 What do you "elect" to eat. Cast your vote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Still "undecided" here. Will you be conservative or liberal with your dinner menu? ;)

CD

Last edited:
We'll be having leftover pot roast and veggies tonight.

For lunch I'm making pizza for us all - grandson, neighbor kid and SO.

I'll have to poll Mrs. T to see how she casts her ballot, but you can beto it will be conservative portion sizes with a liberal amount of wine.

Chicken/almond/grape/mayo salad filling with a liberal amount of mayo and a conservative amount of sugar and salt.

Whole wheat toast with the last helping of black bean/carrot soup.

Results are in. Salmon and red potato bake, green salad on the side.

I probably should have picked up some blue corn tortilla chips to comply with the equal time laws.

Spaghetti and meatballs. Craig made an excellent batch!

Attachments

• 2018-11-06 17.50.07.jpg
    2018-11-06 17.50.07.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 117
Well, I got home from Houston to find a house full of bees, and they voted me OUT! :(:LOL:

So, no home cooking tonight, as I will be in a hotel a few miles from the house. There is a BBQ place next door I've been told is pretty good. Maybe I'll check out their ballot... er, menu. ;)

The beekeeper is coming tomorrow to impeach the bees.

CD

Well, I got home from Houston to find a house full of bees, and they voted me OUT! :(:LOL:

So, no home cooking tonight, as I will be in a hotel a few miles from the house. There is a BBQ place next door I've been told is pretty good. Maybe I'll check out their ballot... er, menu. ;)

The beekeeper is coming tomorrow to impeach the bees.

CD
YIKES. Are you sure they are bees or do you have wasps? We had an invasion of wasps last year, when we had lots of fruit on the pear and apple trees. They were crazy and they invaded the house. HUNDREDS. We have never even found where they came in the house. We all were stung. This year, less fruit, no wasp problem.

YIKES. Are you sure they are bees or do you have wasps? We had an invasion of wasps last year, when we had lots of fruit on the pear and apple trees. They were crazy and they invaded the house. HUNDREDS. We have never even found where they came in the house. We all were stung. This year, less fruit, no wasp problem.

Yes, they are honey bees. I sent a photo to an exterminator, who checked with a beekeeper. They are probably just "scouting" for a place to set up a new hive. The beekeepers should be able to get rid of them, before they actually set up a hive.

CD

Yes, they are honey bees. I sent a photo to an exterminator, who checked with a beekeeper. They are probably just "scouting" for a place to set up a new hive. The beekeepers should be able to get rid of them, before they actually set up a hive.

CD
Awesome. Well, I would think it would be awesome. You could have set up a hive and had the beekeeper put the bees in. But, really, honey bees are pretty tame and not as irritable as drunk wasps. Good luck though.

Geez, bees? Not fun, cd. Got Garlic and her hubby have beehives. Too bad they don't live close enough to rescue you. A friend of mine had a colony develop in her apartment wall - they had already created a comb and were busy making honey by the time they were removed. :ohmy:

So ......politics is ok???
Well, no one is discussing candidates or issues. I guess it's OK to pick on the process. :LOL:

I had pan seared scallops with garlicky lemon butter, and steamed asparagus. No pics because I've posted so many of the same dish before. :LOL:

Now, back to the news....:D

Back
Top Bottom