Tuesday 15th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Well what are you all cooking tonight?

I'm making a mushroom soup. First time doing it so hopefully it turns out ok and I hope I enjoy it. Fingers crossed. Not worried about cooking as it's not exactly difficult, I'm just worried I might end up not liking mushroom soup!

Good morning Kez, yesterday I bought some good quality toulouse and a box of Puy lentil.Cook the lentils in stock till nearly done drain and keep the stock. Fry the sausages in duck smaltz, remove from pot, fry garlic and onions in residual fat add some chopped dried toms and a bit of tom puree. Add sausages cooked lentils and enough stock to just cover, put on the lid and place in a medium oven for 40 mins.
Serve with good crusty bread. Pud will be I hope my wifes "jewish" baked cheese cake with raisins.:yum:

Good morning! Wow that does sound good. I happen to be a big fan of lentils. You know, I'm really surprised I don't eat them everyday. Afraid I'm not such a huge lover of sausages, I think it's the look of them that puts me off. Always have done. What would you recommend to substitute them with?
My Mum is begging me to make her a cheese cake at some point. That's her number one love in the food world. Her birthday's coming up on the 29th, her big 4 0, so maybe I'll make one for her then. Now to find a brilliant recipe!

I make it with chicken thighs, turkey necks, turkey gizzards. The gizzards have to be pressure cooked till tender then fried.

Google New York cheesecake, you can buy excellent Polish cream cheese in Tesco.

Interesting, I think I might just have to try your recipe out. Thanks!
And thank you for that advice also. I'll go and take a look now :)

I have no set plans yet but it will involve bacon or smoked ham.

I already got my bacon fix in this morning in the way of a breakfast sandwich.
I am drawing a big blank for tonight though.

Hah! You thought of it because I made the Hit Parade.
And here I thought you were perusing my album...

I found three pieces of chicken that resemble thighs, so I still think I'll make the creamy cajun dish, but using whole thighs instead.

Hah! You thought of it because I made the Hit Parade.
And here I thought you were perusing my album...

I found three pieces of chicken that resemble thighs, so I still think I'll make the creamy cajun dish, but using whole thighs instead.

I'd like to try that dish. Care to post a recipe?

I'd like to try that dish. Care to post a recipe?

I used this recipe.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe - Food.com - 39087

My changes were:
I used fresh garlic instead of powdered
Added crimini mushrooms
Halved the chicken used but not the sauce (I was cooking for one)
I also thickened the sauce with some fresh grated parm as everything was warming through.

Very simple and tasty.

sour rye bread with smoked whitefish salad spread, together with cream of potato soup. i can't believe we are already finishing up the last of the smoked whitefish shipment. i received three lbs. of the fish from the great lakes just five days ago. i hadn't expected any help with the eating of the whitefish, since my mom never liked fish of any kind. she ate up almost half of the fish salad, and asked for it almost every day!! i'll be having to place another order with charlie's smokehouse tout suite--but there will be none to be had for thanksgiving, now.... :(

Made my first mushroom soup this afternoon to reheat tonight. Bloody gorgeous if I may say so myself. Was really impressed, first time eating mushroom soup and I love it! Can't wait to eat it tonight now. Only about an hour and a half to go!

Not much here. Got the cough that's making the rounds in my house. After all the Halls cough drops I've had today, I don't have many taste buds left. Probably just have some chicken noodle soup and toast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom