Tuesday 2/15/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made duck soup from the leftover roast duck.

You had to say Duck Soup. Now all I have running through my head is Groucho Marrx.....

We had leftover Golabki (cabbage rolls) and mashed potatoes.

Well, I was right, the tilapia fillets were too thin and delicate for the griddler; tasted wonderful but much stuck to the top plate. I think it would have been better on the flat plates. But the asparagus was to die for, and I'm looking forward to trying other veggies. But pretty darned good meal overall.

My red snapper Med wrap, pre wrap :)
A little light on the snapper because I had one huge fillet and one small fillet, so I saved the big one for blackened snapper. It was too nice looking to cut up into pieces. This was my second one. I am stuffed.

Attachments

• Med wrap2.JPG
    Med wrap2.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 147
That looks really really good Pacanis........is that a roasted red pepper in there?

I went for Mexican lunch with my friends today, and I don't feel like having anything for dinner. Think I'll tell DH he's on his own and see how that flies.

Claire, have you been reading about Taliapa on the favorite seafood thread??

Today is our late day so we're eating a little after 9. First time trying beer butt chicken....that whole process seemed obscene but it's almost done and smells great! Cut up a few potatoes with onions and a little butter and spices and put in foil and that's grilling now too. Salad is done, carrots are blanched and they'll be going on the grill when the chicken has 10 minutes left. Leftover red velvet cake for dessert.

Thanks Kayelle :) And yes it is. I really need to find other uses for roasted red peppers. I end up opening a new jar every time I make this and am hard pressed to use them up before they start falling apart :(

(baked) cod, citrusy broccoli, saltines/creme cheese, 2 oatmeal cookies & whole milk.
:)

Breaded and fried chicken cutlet, fresh string beans (sautéed in butter with sliced mushroom caps and sliced almonds) and stuffed tomato (tomato shell stuffed with chopped tomato meat, EVOO, fresh chopped basil, bread crumbs, fresh grated parmesan & romano cheeses, herbs and spices).

img_969873_0_9fd810f69c72585e5cb740a44c8e657b.jpg

Stuffed tomato (tomato shell stuffed with chopped tomato meat, EVOO, fresh chopped basil, bread crumbs, fresh grated parmesan & romano cheeses, herbs and spices). Baked in 350F oven then under broiler till top is brown.

img_969873_1_6623f5099aa10427159b6718f486c385.jpg

Man you people eat well! It's hard to look at this site and not be very thankful for the bounty we have in this country. As for us it was spaghetti and meatballs. Really yummy. I think it's dh's favorite comfort food.

Chicken breasts with Cajun hot sauce, smoked paprika, chili powder, lemon juice, and lots of other spices and herbs. Served with brown rice.

Thanks Kayelle :) And yes it is. I really need to find other uses for roasted red peppers. I end up opening a new jar every time I make this and am hard pressed to use them up before they start falling apart :(

Pacanis, you could use those roasted red peppers in "Chicken Paprikash"!! I have a great recipe I can post if you're interested, holler. ;)

Since I have the day off (don't know how the heck I managed that) i'm going to make a marinara sauce, and use it for eggplant parmigian...

Love eggplant parm. Instead of a casserole, we started doing individual servings. One or two slices, breaded with panko and pan fried in olive oil. Then the cheese (fresh motz and greated parm) in between the slices and/or on top. In the oven to melt the cheese. Each person adds the amount of sauce they want when served. Spaghetti on the side if they wish. Oh the crunch of those pankos!;) Yum.

Craig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom