Tuesday 2/15/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm thawing out a container of Wild Rice Mix with Taco Meat for dinner. It's a pretty full container, so I guess half will go back into the freezer, but in a baggie instead.

One more day of freezer food tomorrow and I can buy that turkey I want on Thursday. I finally found a large roasting pan with a rack really cheap after Thanksgiving so with more room in the freezer, I can make my stuffed turkey.:chef::clap:

What are you cooking today?

I'm going to thaw a red snapper fillet, saute it with some Greek seasoning and make a couple Mediterranean wraps with it. I might make the mushroom gratin, too.

Since I have the day off (don't know how the heck I managed that) i'm going to make a marinara sauce, and use it for eggplant parmigian...

Not sure what we're having here yet. Guess a trip to the freezer is in order to figure out what I can make with whatever is in there. DH is teaching tonight so supper will be late. Don't want to make it too heavy.

I got a package of beef short ribs out of the freezer. Got them in the oven right now. Not sure what I'll have with them yet. Maybe mac'n'cheese and green beans or mixed veggies.

Grilling skewered shrimp on the stove top grill. I started them thawing last night and sprinkled on Old Bay. Will re-heat green beans/new potatoes from Sunday dinner. Maybe some cilantro/lime rice if anyone wants it. I'll probably cut up a plate of kiwi and apples to have afterward.

not feeling really good today. but have much to do for dinner guests on thursday. so need a simple dinner. maybe breakfast or pulled pork sandwich with the last of the crockpot ct. style pork ribs.

After having to get up at the crack of dawn and waking up every hour on top of that to attend a unemployment class today, I didn't have the desire to even thaw a pre-paired freezer meal. I had a Bologna Sandwich and Pork & Beans right out of the can.

I just used my Cuisinart Griddler to grill asparagus (after tossing in an olive oil/Greek seasoning mix) Of course I tasted one or two and that's definitely a do-again, it is so good. Right now there are two tilapia fillets in the seasoned olive oil I used for the asparagus and I'll put it on the grill. I bought it a few months ago (with lots of guidance from my DC friends) and am still experimenting, but in the winter especially, grilled vegetables are in the future. I see slices of zuchini and eggplant in our future! The fish, we'll see! It it thin and delicate, I'm afraid it will fall apart. The starch will be leftover couscous from a couple of nights

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom