Tuesday, 2/7/2017, what you munching on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having BBQ slow-cooked pulled pork from the freezer, got some Hawaiian rolls for bread, and we'll use Tom's BBQ sauce, and I'll make a macaroni salad with multicolored bell peppers, maybe some poblano that we need to finish up using, and some little canned drained shrimp. I'll use the recipe that used to be on the back of the Mueller's elbow pasta. My girlfriend had the idea to add the shrimp.

We had Autumn steaks with potatoes, gravy and apples sauce and it was lovely. My daughter ate more then she normally do.

We'll be having smothered chicken breasts. Still deciding if I want to serve it with polenta or roasted garlic-cheese mashed potatoes. Right now the polenta is winning since the top blanket in the "smother" is a nice pile of melty cheese. I can feel my arteries tightening up just a bit already. :ermm:

On Super Bowl Sunday I was planning to be patriotic and make chili, but we ended up at our daughter's for dinner. I'm making the chili tonight instead, serving it over baked potatoes, green salad on the side.

We'll be having BBQ slow-cooked pulled pork from the freezer, got some Hawaiian rolls for bread, and we'll use Tom's BBQ sauce, and I'll make a macaroni salad with multicolored bell peppers, maybe some poblano that we need to finish up using, and some little canned drained shrimp. I'll use the recipe that used to be on the back of the Mueller's elbow pasta. My girlfriend had the idea to add the shrimp.

MMM, in Hawaii, we add a can of Tuna

We had Autumn steaks with potatoes, gravy and apples sauce and it was lovely. My daughter ate more then she normally do.

What's Autumn Steak CP?

We'll be having smothered chicken breasts. Still deciding if I want to serve it with polenta or roasted garlic-cheese mashed potatoes. Right now the polenta is winning since the top blanket in the "smother" is a nice pile of melty cheese. I can feel my arteries tightening up just a bit already. :ermm:

I adore just about anything that's smothered!

Baked garlic chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and broccoli in some form.

Beth, do you put any sort of coating on your baked chicken?

On Super Bowl Sunday I was planning to be patriotic and make chili, but we ended up at our daughter's for dinner. I'm making the chili tonight instead, serving it over baked potatoes, green salad on the side.

10, what sort of Chili tonight?

Corned beef

MsM, what will be your sides tonight?

For our table this evening, it's going to be an entrée sized Greek Salad, topped with some leftover herbaceous-garlic grilled Chicken Thigh meat from last week. I found some "good" Feta and I think that my homemade Garlic Vinaigrette along with TJ's Half Baked mini Ciabatta bread, will make for a very nice supper ... is it dinner time yet? :yum:

I'll be pan roasting some chicken thighs. Sweet potato and zucchini will also adorn our plates.

I made Monte Cristo sandwiches with sliced chicken, deli ham and jarlsberg swiss, French toast battered and fried. Cranberry sauce on the side and a spinach/olive/cuke/red onion salad.

We're finishing up Super Bowl party leftovers. Being the generous guy he is, DH saved me half a meatball and a hot dog coin. I'm stuffed. Not.

Still have some onion dip left. I may hack up some more celery.

Last edited:
We're finishing up Super Bowl party leftovers. Being the generous guy he is, DH saved me half a meatball and a hot dog coin. I'm stuffed. Not.

Still have some onion dip left. I may hack up some more celery.

My SIL and her 2 girls go absolutely CRAZY for Onion Dip.
We would always have Christmas Eve at their house (Christmas Day with my family) and one year I decided to make them a for real-made from scratch Caramelized Onion Dip with a recipe I found, spent all dang day on it. I was all puffed up with pride over my achievement, I placed a gorgeous bowl of dip `n chip in front of my 3 gals... "What is this? It tastes nasty." :ohmy:
I was heart broken!
My elder niece promptly went into the kitchen, got out a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix and said, "Auntie, this is how you do it".
:rolleyes::LOL::cool:

I'm doing some Thai green chicken curry (TJ's yummy sauce) with a sliced Dolly breast, red and yellow bell pepper strips, onion and mushrooms over Jasmine rice.

I'm doing some Thai green chicken curry (TJ's yummy sauce) with a sliced Dolly breast, red and yellow bell pepper strips, onion and mushrooms over Jasmine rice.

K, what is the flavor profile of that sauce?
I've seen it, but still not sure.
I tried their curry simmer sauce but DH was, "umm, not sure about this one, maybe we don't get this again".

My SIL and her 2 girls go absolutely CRAZY for Onion Dip.

We would always have Christmas Eve at their house (Christmas Day with my family) and one year I decided to make them a for real-made from scratch Caramelized Onion Dip with a recipe I found, spent all dang day on it. I was all puffed up with pride over my achievement, I placed a gorgeous bowl of dip `n chip in front of my 3 gals... "What is this? It tastes nasty." :ohmy:

I was heart broken!

My elder niece promptly went into the kitchen, got out a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix and said, "Auntie, this is how you do it".

:rolleyes::LOL::cool:

Lol! Yeah, sometimes old school is best!

Pork with chantrelles and button mushrooms in a in white wine cream sauce. Mixed green salad with artichokes...
y4k8WXb.jpg

Last edited:

Hm. This reminds me, I have such a jar in my cabinet. This may be dinner tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration, Kay!

Then I'll head over to Rock's! :yum:

Last edited:
for our table this evening, it's going to be an entrée sized greek salad, topped with some leftover herbaceous-garlic grilled chicken thigh meat from last week. I found some "good" feta and i think that my homemade garlic vinaigrette along with tj's half baked mini ciabatta bread, will make for a very nice supper ... Is it dinner time yet? :yum:

IMG_3222.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom