Tuesday 2/8/2011, What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have the other half of the pork loin roast to use. I think it will be roasted in a cast iron pan, potatoes and broccoli in some fashion and pan gravy.

Any plans?

Chicken coconut curry with green beans, capsicum, pumpkin, onions and either rice or couscous on the side. Tastes good, just need to tweak the sauce texture a little.

I went with the chicken option yesterday so I think today is the ham steaks. Saw a recipe online for "Outrageous Ham Steak Sauce" that I want to try. Cole slaw in the fridge, and maybe some sweet corn off the cob.

I'm doing a repeat of the sausage/pepper/onion sandwiches I made Sunday evening for anyone that wants one tonight....my sons and possibly older son's girlfriend....snowstorm coming in tonight! Might make some fruit salad to go with.

I'm still in the planning stages for dinner, but I am baking a flourless chocolate cake right now. Yum! DH will be thrilled I think! I have never made this before, but I can tell by the smell that it is already a hit!:chef:

A pork butt roast that I marinated yesterday, braised collards and polenta.

Craig

I went with the chicken option yesterday so I think today is the ham steaks. Saw a recipe online for "Outrageous Ham Steak Sauce" that I want to try. Cole slaw in the fridge, and maybe some sweet corn off the cob.

Could you please share the recipe for the sauce? Thank you.

DH just left for work so we had our bigger meal for lunch....and had breakfast :LOL: Nothing like mixing up the mains! I made waffles with sausages, fresh berries, whipped cream and maple syrup. It went over very well but then again it always does no matter what time of day I serve it! :)

I still have some ham left from Sunday's dinner so I am thinking of making Dad and I a favourite lunch from my childhood - creamed ham on toast. Simple, but good as neither of us are totally feeling over our colds and flu and love comfort food.

Sure!

Outrageous Ham Steak Sauce (Bbq) recipe

Smells like a nice BBQ sauce, interesting combo with ketchup and mustard, and then the hot sauce and Worcestershire.

I ended up making a loaf of Portuguese sweet bread too. :chef:

Classic bbq style recipe. I like it. They do add lots of mustard.:ohmy: I'd be tempted to put a bit of ground cloves in there, also.

Last edited:
I'm doing my hamburger stuffing recipe. Have some sausage left from the pizza Sunday so will dump that in too. Maybe have some green beans with it but my sinuses are acting up and DH is teaching so it may just be the casserole and some applesauce.

I have been working on using up the meat that is in the freezer before stocking up again, and we are down to the last of the chicken thighs. I gave James a choice of cooked in BBQ sauce or oven-fried, and he chose oven-fried chicken. Our vegetable will be mashed pumpkin with a pat of butter, and baked potatoes with butter.

I think the only meat left in the freezer now is a few pounds of bacon, a turkey, and possibly a ham bone. I might make the turkey this weekend, and the bacon I am just using as I get in the mood for it. Grocery shopping tomorrow! I've been putting it off too long, and James will be going back to school Thursday and will have the car.

:)Barbara

I'm roasting a chicken and we'll have a tossed salad with it. I was also going to make pilaf but I have been feeling sick all day and we'll have to make do with some ciabatta and buttah. Ha, it kinda rhymes!

I made fajitas, rice, and refried beans.

Attachments

• fajita_dinner.jpg
    fajita_dinner.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 164

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom