Tuesday, 3-27-18, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Imprinted pasta noodles with a wild mushroom sauce and Parm R flakes.

Attachments

• 2018-03-27 17.55.06.jpg
    2018-03-27 17.55.06.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 140
Very warm 80 degrees here today so I'm thinking of making some cold soba. I have some dry buckwheat noodles, soup base, daikon, green onions, and powdered wasabi. Quick, simple dinner, I'm good to go, thanks.

Only in the low 40's today, but I'm ready for spring, no matter what. Got out on the bike today, and had to do a summertime grill dinner. Cheeseburgers on the grill, oven fries. Still have snow in the yard.

Salad weather here, so I'm doing Chicken Taco Salad. Ole'.

RF, "cold soba"? That sounds interesting. Can you explain more?

Med, looks good but what are "imprinted" pasta noodles?

Last edited:
RF, "cold soba"? That sounds interesting. Can you explain more?

Basically, after you cook the noodles you immediately dunk them in iced water for a few minutes to cool. They're then served dry on a platter with cold, dipping sauce (soup base) on the side. Dip some of that soba in the dipping sauce and slurp.

Here's a photo I got off the net..

Attachments

• SOBA.jpg
    SOBA.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
The last of the turkey breast and stuffing sandwiches.

I was planning on Taco Tuesday tonight, but I went to lunch with a friend today, and ate a whole day's worth of calories, fat and sodium in one meal. So, just some light grazing tonight.

CD

Ten days late, but we had corned beef dinner tonight after scoring a couple of flats at Aldi for $1.99/pound. I baked a loaf of rye bread to soak up the broth. I don't know if that is my favorite part of corned beef and cabbage, or if it's the carrots. Love :heart: the carrots! I also made kitchen sink salads so we could up our intake of veggies.

Attachments

• 20180327_200746.jpg
    20180327_200746.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 118

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom