Tuesday 3/29/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zhizara - my recipe is easy to make.

1 can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can white hominy drained and rinsed
4 large tomatoes chopped (or sub 2 15 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes)
1 green pepper diced
1/2 large onion diced
8 oz. Italian salad dressing

Mix together. Needs 2-3 hours for flavors to meld. Keep in fridge but bring to room temp to serve.

Pork chop casserole here. It is pork chops, sliced sweet potatoes, sliced granny smith apples, brown sugar, and apple juice! YUM!!

I'm still not sure yet. I ended up not having the hot dogs yesterday, so I think I will see if I have any buns and have hot dogs. :cool:

tonight is my first attempt at making a barbecue sauce. Going with grilled chicken, and probably just a simple salad. For this bbq sauce, I'm going for a rich, thick and tangy style, not thin and overly acidic. We'll see how it goes. :)

Dinner – Chili over brown rice topped with shredded Cabot cheddar, sour cream and green onions side of guacamole and ½ buttered poppy seed roll.

img_984576_0_ee831e2a79475016d26e2013667b389d.jpg

Missing a vote or veto from Mrs 40 C. Either panko chicken and dragon lady noodles or Smoked Italian sausage in baked ziti.

Any tips, Frank, on how to shuck oysters? Many of the oysters that we harvest are shut so tightly that the shell will often fracture when prying them open enough to cut their muscle.

Good oyster knife. Tip next to the hinge and wiggle push. Once you get some purchase pop it.

Some of these tonight were difficult but we got them all. :mrgreen:

$4.99/dozen... nice price.

Oh boy! Again tonight.....I wish I was eating at Rocklobster's . Looks fabulous Rock! I often make that Greek meal! Hmmmmm! Maybe this weekend. Feeling lazy tonight maybe just some pasta and salad "sigh"......

Feel better soon Rocklobster.

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Last edited:
Just not feeling hungry tonight. I had a serving of last nights Tamale Pie around 9am and that's all, but it was especially good after sitting in the fridge overnight.

Oh well, if I'm not hungry, I just won't eat until I am.:)

Had a busy day. Then we did some exploratory shopping in local ethnic groceries. Got some cool stuff. We were pooped and wondering about supper, then we saw KFC. We haven't had KFC in years and it sounded good. It wasn't. It was overpriced too. Oh well, it will be a long time before we get that urge again. :LOL:

Had a busy day. Then we did some exploratory shopping in local ethnic groceries. Got some cool stuff. We were pooped and wondering about supper, then we saw KFC. We haven't had KFC in years and it sounded good. It wasn't. It was overpriced too. Oh well, it will be a long time before we get that urge again. :LOL:

I laughed so hard at this. I drive past KFC all the time and it smells so good, but I KNOW how I will feel afterward. :sick:

Kate (Bugs) had jello, pudding and a lot of water for supper. Think she is about ready for mashed potatoes and gravy. I had some spaghetti and I'll be wandering in for something else soon.

I buy em at Sonic and dip them in ranch. :LOL:

Actually though Kathleen has made them at home during a girl's night in makeup party thing. I was out of the country.

Cheeseburger in Paradise serves theirs with a horseradish dipping sauce! YUM!! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom