Tuesday 4/12/11 Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, South or East, what to choose, what to choose..

hey, c'mon now. everything is south or east of you, lol. almost.

in 1 minute the morning new rolls off on a relatively untested switcher. if all goes well, i'm off to get a reuben and fries.
wish me reuben...umm, i mean luck.

in 1 minute the morning new rolls off on a relatively untested switcher. if all goes well, i'm off to get a reuben and fries.
Good reuben! :LOL:

Well, we do have some things North of us too!

Hope you get to enjoy that reuben....best sandwich on earth - North, East South or West!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 178
Good job on the turtle burger and the beer can chicken!
Thanks. I wasn't 100% happy with it. I wanted a dryer, crispy skin, but didn't achieve it. The dark meat was still a bit too slimy for me, even though the termometer said it was cooked. Next time I will leave it longer and maybe lose the drip tray full of water. Live and learn.

Grilled Turtle burger, on top of rice with mushroom/onion gravy and sautéed green beans :D And some cheddar stuffed in their somewhere, too.
ROTFLMAO!!

Turtles and peeps are invading!!

We had chicken vegetable soup for dinner (homemade chicken stock, leek bottoms (I used the green tops for the stock), celery heart including the tender leaves, carrots, potato and teeny tiny pasta shells. No chicken meat. I cut up a whole chicken and used the back, neck etc for stock. The rest I roasted for dinner on Sunday) topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

img_989933_0_adca0094a16ce5f6b2e73ae85d53b19b.jpg

Everybody knows you are supposed to use kluski noodles for homemade chicken soup ;)

Looks tasty, msm.

Thanks. I wasn't 100% happy with it. I wanted a dryer, crispy skin, but didn't achieve it. The dark meat was still a bit too slimy for me, even though the termometer said it was cooked. Next time I will leave it longer and maybe lose the drip tray full of water. Live and learn.

Yeah, lose the water and rub some kind of fat on the skin to help it crisp up.

Ditto on losing the liquid.
I have a rack that said to add liquid to the pan in the instructions and had the same problem with moist skin.

Eight ounces per person of fried smoked klobasa / kielbasa / ... and 3/8 cup per person of dry rice baked in the form of Spanish rice (ie with fowl broth, grated cheese, hot & sweet peppers, onions, and goose fat).

Everybody knows you are supposed to use kluski noodles for homemade chicken soup ;)

Looks tasty, msm.
Thank you PaC. I like rice instead of pasta in my soup but being I didn't have any chicken meat in it I decided to just make pasta.

Back
Top Bottom