Tuesday 4th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whilst in Va Beach, we happened upon Walkerswood brand jerk seasoning. I have read that it is very good.....we shall see. Got the fire pit all ready to light. Jerk Chicken, rice and peas, mebbe some fried plantains too. I was gonna get some Red Stripe but forgot it. A few Coronitas is all I got here for beverages. Oh well, can't have ever'thing, I reckon.

Last edited:
Hoot, Walkerswood is excellent jerk seasoning. I mix it with Lowery's (sp?) bottled jerk marinade to add some serious jerk heat and stretch it out. Maybe one heaping spoon to 1 cup of the marinade. Excellent on grilled wings. I'm glad to read it's available here. I got my bottle from Jamaica... mon...

Steak dinner for me tonight. Steak, broccoli, potatoes, garlic bread. That will "make up" for the salad I had last night for dinner :)

I am supposed to get lots of rest and thanks to the medications I got I don't have a lot of choice. DH fended for himself both on the main meal (his favourite polish dogs with cheese and my homemade tomato sauce and some pizza herbs and salad) and his sandwiches so I am on my own.

I will probably just throw together a salad.

Finished up the doggie-boxes we brought back from vacation. I made some rice to go with the pistachio chicken.

Lightened the load in the freezer tonight and heated up an order of meatballs in tomato sauce for spaghetti.

Hoot, Walkerswood is excellent jerk seasoning. I mix it with Lowery's (sp?) bottled jerk marinade to add some serious jerk heat and stretch it out. Maybe one heaping spoon to 1 cup of the marinade. Excellent on grilled wings. I'm glad to read it's available here. I got my bottle from Jamaica... mon...
Mrs Hoot's sister and her husband run a small diner in Norfolk. I accompanied him to the restaurant supply store. We found Walkerswood Original, Hot, and Mild. I tried the Mild tonight on account of Mrs Hoot ain't keen on the heat. It was decently spicy and delicious. Even Mrs Hoot found it quite good. I will be stocking up on this stuff. Looking forward to trying the Original and the Hot. That Restaurant Depot is an amazing store!
'Course, now I need to see if I can find this Lowery's jerk marinade you speak of. :LOL:

pacanis said:

Steak dinner for me tonight. Steak, broccoli, potatoes, garlic bread. That will "make up" for the salad I had last night for dinner :)

Pac, d'you mean Lawry's?

i made another stir fry tonight. it looks like this is going to be a weekly thing as it's mostly healthy veggies, and feeds 3 on 2 boneless chicken breasts so portion size is good. the only down side is that it's a little high in sodium.

i didn't have any asian type of veggies, so tonight's stir fry tasted somewhat like my mom's american style peppersteak (except with chicken).

into the wok went grapeseed oil, sliced chicken breasts, green bell peppers from my garden, broccoli, carrots, red onion, button mushrooms, chicken stock,and a kikkoman stir fry dry seasoning packet.

That's the spelling, Dawg. Thanks. From the same people who make seasoning salt and spices. They have a bunch of marinades, also.

Hoot, the jar I have is the hot and spicy. I love the flavor, but only eat it one night in a row if you know what I mean :rolleyes:
Hmmm, maybe some jerk wings are in order for tonight...

Last night's dinner :pig:

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 190
Pacanis,
In my excitement over finding Walkerswood, I started grabbing jars out of the box. I did not notice until late yesterday evening that one of the jars is actually Juliana brand.On the label the word "Hot" is in large letters. The jar is the same shape as the Walkerwoods jars. I reckon I shoulda looked a little closer, but on the other hand, I will try Juliana and see how that goes. I am gonna look around and see if the Lawry's jerk marinade can be found in these parts, too.

That's the spelling, Dawg. Thanks. From the same people who make seasoning salt and spices. They have a bunch of marinades, also.

Hoot, the jar I have is the hot and spicy. I love the flavor, but only eat it one night in a row if you know what I mean :rolleyes:
Hmmm, maybe some jerk wings are in order for tonight...

Last night's dinner :pig:

That looks wonderful Pacanis :)

Back
Top Bottom