Tuesday 5/17/10, What will make it's way to your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Good day everyone. Thunderstorm this morning and rain. Flood warnings and expected till tomorrow.

Planning to cut up the whole chicken I have. It wasn't thawed yesterday. Probably fried, mashed taters (maybe gravy and biscuits) and broccoli.

Any plans?

I've got a piece of chuck roast left over from the other day (uncooked). I think I'll toss it in the food processor and make a couple burgers out of it.

I'm planning to try a Greek Shrimp & Feta recipe I caught on "America's Test Kitchen" over the weekend. It's sort of a take on Saganaki.

I really should be using the grill today, though. It's a rare beautiful spring day here in central Minnesota.

Good day everyone. Thunderstorm this morning and rain. Flood warnings and expected till tomorrow.

Planning to cut up the whole chicken I have. It wasn't thawed yesterday. Probably fried, mashed taters (maybe gravy and biscuits) and broccoli.

Any plans?
I'm coming to your house:LOL:
kadesma

I'm doing Asian style panko breaded fried fish tacos with a mayo/hoisin sauce and shredded cabbage, lettuce and cilantro. I've never made it before but is should be pretty good

We are having browned in butter bread soup, Tomatoes stuffed with bacon and cheese,chicken in Dijon with salt,pepper cream lemon zest and butter. making a pound cake with macadamias using splenda so lets see how it comes out.
kadesma:)

Have some beef short ribs in the oven with scalloped cabbage cooking. I think I will leave it at that tonight and not mess with another veggie or potatoes.

Fried chicken (dredged in self rising flour seasoned with Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Hungarian Hot Paprika, fried in peanut and canola oil), mashed potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli

img_1001377_0_836b57ad2782d2db12b3f8a5db799e60.jpg

img_1001377_1_dfde0ddf389daef8d085bbf0c3341e0c.jpg

We didn't get home until late this evening so it was sloppy joes, mac-n-cheese, and salad.

Angel hair pasta in an white wine reduction sauce with smoked Italian sausage on the side at our house tonight.

I rubbed (cayenne, paprika and garlic powder) up some chicken thighs and roasted them (since the weather was so unsettled and I was worried about rain if I grilled) with some corn. A salad rounded things out.

We had caesar salad that included grilled chicken, bacon, cheese tortellini, romaine lettuce, croutons, zucchini, carrots, tomato, cucumber & yummy caesar dressing from a friend who own's BoBo's Fish & Chips on Isla Mujeres, MX. He was heading to North North America for the low season & made me a whole container full of his homemade dressing before he left!! What a great guy1! If you visit Isla from mid November until end of April, you need to eat at BoBo's. All Brian's food is yummy!!

Back
Top Bottom