Tuesday 5/31/2011, What will make its way to your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The grilled romaine lettuce in the Caesar's salad was yummy. It had the crunch of a fresh salad with a hint of smokiness from the charcoal. It went well with the grilled chicken breasts, which had been marinaded before hand. The dressing was home-made. A really yummy twist on the classic Caesar's salad. Mmmm. :)

Yes, grilled romaine is pretty good. It adds a nice touch to a BLT, too.

Yes, grilled romaine is pretty good. It adds a nice touch to a BLT, too.

Grilled romaine (any lettuce for that matter) sounds queer to me. I will have to try it before I pass judgment though.:chef:

I did find the grilled romaine interesting, not how I would like it all the time. I also thought it smelled like pot while cooking, which was unexpected.

Either that or Kathleen is growing something in the garden and just calling it romaine... Hmmm..

:mrgreen:

I made muffulettas tonight with homemade muffuletta bread. We bought a jar of olive salad at Central Grocery in New Orleans and used that on the sandwich, just like the sandwich we had at the grocery while on vacation. Washed it down with iced tea and had some of the pizzelles I made yesterday for dessert.

I did find the grilled romaine interesting, not how I would like it all the time. I also thought it smelled like pot while cooking, which was unexpected.

Either that or Kathleen is growing something in the garden and just calling it romaine... Hmmm..

:mrgreen:

LMAO!!

Grilled romaine (any lettuce for that matter) sounds queer to me. I will have to try it before I pass judgment though.:chef:

It sounded odd to me at first, too, but if you like a warm spinach salads you should like the lettuce's slightly wilted texture.

Uncle Bob said:
Fried Chicken...
Peas......
Corn on the Cob.....
Green Beans...
Fried Green Tomatoes......
Corn Bread....
Cold Slices of Vidalia Onion.....
A Ding Dong Cake.......

I'm coming to eat with you! That sounds delicious except for the fried green tomatoes.

Chicken breasts with lots of spices, such as curry powder, cumin powder, cardamom, coriander, garlic powder, ginger, etc., pan-seared with sliced sweet onions, then baked. Served with brown rice.

Back
Top Bottom