Tuesday, 5th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be making linguine with saute'ed then sliced boneless skinless chicken breast, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, tomato, red onion all tossed in pesto made last summer. Extra parmesan. I also made red jello today with sliced up frozen strawberries. No laughing in the corner. I like jello.

And once again my dinner plans have changed! LOL! We are now having Chicken Breast Zelda. (A lemony, oniony dish) We'll also have quinoa or pasta, a big green salad and some steamed broccoli. Dessert is help yourself to the leftover blueberry pie, the chocolate chip cake and the ice cream.

I picked up some fast fry pork chops on my Sunday trip to the butcher. He always saves the remnants from cutting roasts to sell cheap. Often I use them for stir fry or sweet and sour, but I think I am going to double them and stuff with goat cheese, spinach and roasted garlic. I will add a garden salad and brown rice to round out the meal!

The pork chops turned out better than I could have hoped for. We were running out of time so I didn't do rice and didn't get a picture, but am going to start leaving the camera in the kitchen so it is ready! :)

And once again my dinner plans have changed! LOL! We are now having Chicken Breast Zelda. (A lemony, oniony dish) We'll also have quinoa or pasta, a big green salad and some steamed broccoli. Dessert is help yourself to the leftover blueberry pie, the chocolate chip cake and the ice cream.

Is the recipe available for the chicken, Alix? It sounds yummy! :)

there's always room for it, whisk.

i kinda like jello, too. just the red stuff, though, and no chunks of anything in it.

we used up the leftover shrimp from the super bowl shrimp cocktail and made shrimp marinara with whole wheat spaghetti.

I'll be making linguine with saute'ed then sliced boneless skinless chicken breast, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, tomato, red onion all tossed in pesto made last summer. Extra parmesan. I also made red jello today with sliced up frozen strawberries. No laughing in the corner. I like jello.

mmm, some feta on there and it's right up my alley. Sounds great.

I'm having a St Louis style BBQ'd pork steak and some grilled Brussel sprouts. I might make another mushrooms gratin, too.

Going simple.. spaghetti with jarred sauce.. might bake it and use up some cheese..

Our burritos came out fairly good. I took the leftover brisket from the freezer and warmed it up, ran it through the chopper, added a can of pinto beans and corn, sprinkled with garlic and onion powders and a dash of cayenne pepper. Served it on flour tortillas with sour cream and cheddar cheese.

I had a nightmare from he!! day starting with a blow out tire on the Freeway, and it went downhill from there. Groan. Such is life I guess.

I only got back to the house close to dinner time, and darling husband greeted me with a bottle of fine wine, and authentic Swiss Fondue prepared by him with candles for supper.
There's nothing in the world more wonderful than a soft place to fall.

Last edited:
We had meatloaf, the first I've ever made. It came out really good and will be a good base to experiment from. We had mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, and steamed brocoli for sides.

We had meatloaf, the first I've ever made. It came out really good and will be a good base to experiment from. We had mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives, and steamed brocoli for sides.

Oh my Pag.... I can't believe you only just made your first meatloaf! Good for you and yes there are a Plethora of meatloaf recipes. Have fun creating!

I needed to use some leftover roasted chicken, so I made a friends recipe for what she calls "Chicken Divan". It uses the dreaded "canned soup", but it's easy and fairly quick on a week/work night. It's basically a baked curried chicken dish. DH professes not to like curry, but he ate three(yes count em 3) helpings! ;)

Whoo! Someone other than Kylie got to start the dinner thread. Gotta get up pretty early for that. Radhuni, how lovely to see you! How's your lovely little girl doing?

Thank you, my daughter is doing fine, she goes to school and she also understand a few english words.

How are you?

I decided to finish off some spinach, too.

Attachments

• Pork Steak Dinner.jpg
    Pork Steak Dinner.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 213
@Kayelle - that man is a keeper. He knew JUST how to make your day better.

@radhuni - school already? She can't be more than 3 years old can she? You must start school pretty early there.

I had errands to run & brought in my Taxes to be done. Long day. Had Chinese take out - Eggplant with garlic sauce steamed rice & Spring Rolls. Very bland & boring. Next time I'll make it myself.

I had errands to run & brought in my Taxes to be done. Long day. Had Chinese take out - Eggplant with garlic sauce steamed rice & Spring Rolls. Very bland & boring. Next time I'll make it myself.

That's always a bummer. I try to keep things like Maggi seasoning, oyster sauce and Szechuan pickled green beans on hand to spice up take-out. Our favorite Chinese place also offers a choice of pork fried rice or steamed rice; I always get the PFR since it has a lot of flavor.

@radhuni - school already? She can't be more than 3 years old can she? You must start school pretty early there.

Yes you are right, she is 2 years and 11 months, she started to go to school from last April. They are in play groups.

Back
Top Bottom