Tuesday 6/13/17 What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't decided on what to have for dinner but... I baked this brioche bread pudding for two..
I wonder.. Jeannie isn't here so could making it bread pudding for one count as dinner AND dessert??? :LOL:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 135
Grocery store had imported Florida corn on the cob 12 ears/ $5. I bought 6 /$2.50. Love their cash registers are programmed to do proper math.

Hard shell tacos ( seasoned ground beef kind), corn and watermelon and ice tea. Says summer to me.

Third (and last) day of a three day hot stretch (over 90 F), so it's still avoiding heating up the house with the AC on. Sweet Italian sausage on the grill, lemon basmati rice in the Zoji (really good combination, by the way), green salad on the side.

Third (and last) day of a three day hot stretch (over 90 F), so it's still avoiding heating up the house with the AC on. Sweet Italian sausage on the grill, lemon basmati rice in the Zoji (really good combination, by the way), green salad on the side.

Tenspeed, I don't have a Zoji - but I agree with you that lemon and rice is a great combo!

Ross....that is an absolutely beautiful brioche bread pudding!

--------------------------

I had a huge breakfast around 10ish and am still not very hungry, so I'm just having pickin's. A bit of ham I found in the freezer, a deviled egg, a few crackers, and a Vlasic dill pickle. :)

Shredded Beef Burritos with pork chili, refries and rice...from my favorite restaurant. I'm on vacation!!!

Yay Vacation! I hope you have a good one, PF. Just be sure to do some resting and relaxing.

Steve, I think wine makes a perfectly acceptable supper. Just look at it as having a bit of fruit. ;)

Ross, did you scarf down that entire bread pudding? :ohmy:

Everything looks and sounds good, and we just finished up with supper a little while ago. :ermm: We had salads and shrimp po'boy sandwiches on brioche buns. I got a little heavy-handed with the Tony Cachere's Creole seasoning, but the po'boys sure were good. :yum:

The veggie kabobs were wonderful. Simple veggies with some EVOO and fresh cracked pepper, grilled over charcoal.

CD

Attachments

• Kabobs001.jpg
    Kabobs001.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Kabobs002.jpg
    Kabobs002.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 107
I did Rusty Chicken bone in chicken thighs on the grill from Chef John, and a couple of split grilled zucchini heavily seasoned with Tajin' and olive oil. Easy Peasy, healthy and delicious.

Beautiful pictures tonight..thank you!

Last edited:
I had corn on the cob tonight and followed that with a piece of strawberry swirl cheesecake that I added some fresh strawberries to. I am stuffed!

I'm already thinking of dinner tomorrow, since I finally got to the store for groceries last night. It's nice having a freezer full of food to pick from again.

We ate planned leftover buffalo chicken (me wings, TB thighs) as we had appointments this morning before he left for work.

Pulled out some unfinished conch chowder from the freezer. Finished it by adding the potatoes and along with some crackers had it for dinner.

No cooking here yesterday, either. Sliced cold roasted chicken with tzatziki, Greek salad, homemade bread and a pile of watermelon. Yummy.
0613172036b_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom