Tuesday 6/14 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made fajitas Sunday and have leftovers. Quesadillas sound good.

Craig

I made fajitas tonight...on the grill of course..and some rice. Quesadillas sounds like a good leftover idea for later this week.

I had a heavy lunch. I'm thinking quesadillas later on, too. Maybe caramelized onions, cheddar cheese and rotel tomatoes/chilies.

All I know for sure is that it will be something with boneless-skinless chicken breast. I'd better come up with something pretty soon! :cool:
I decided to try my hand at making a chicken pot pie. I've never made one, so I hope it is good. I would have preferred a mix of light and dark meat for a pot pie, but that's ok. :cool:

Rocklobster's porchetta and buns were really good. Jo Anne's granny would be proud <g>. Thanks, Rock. I'm going to do porchetta on the grill next time I make it.

Pack the leftovers in the beer cooler and paddle on down.

That's a nice sounding recipe, Alix.
Do you use Penzey's lemon pepper? It's very lemony. They sent me a free sample and I'll be ordering more when it runs out. It beat McCormick's (for my taste).

I use whatever Costco sells. I think its Clubhouse actually. We use it a LOT so I need to buy big batches.

Its a very zippy recipe. The brandy is a nice mellower. Delicious.

How do you make your Fajita's Craig?

I start with thin sliced onion and garlic (we have a small, hand held mandolin with ceramic blade) which I marinade in either lime juice or Seville orange juice (sour orange) for several days. I add them to the blender along with some red bell pepper, a couple tomatoes, adobo seasoning, fresh ground cumin and chipotle chilis. Blend it until smooth. I marinade the skirt steak in it for 24 hours. Fire the charcoal grill for direct grilling and throw a few hickory or mesquite chunks off to the sides. I pull the steaks from the marinade and blot them dry on paper towels. Just before going on the grill, they get a sprinkle of adobo, salt and pepper.

I also prep the vegis before hand. Red bells, orange bells, onion and baby bella mushies. The vegis get tossed with olive oil, adobo and Mexican oregano. These go in a grilling basket/pan and cook along with the steaks and finish while the steaks are resting if needed.

You can play with the marinade to your liking. I've added silver tequilla before and some extremely hot chilis, but not very often as Karen doesn't like it too spicy.

Always slice the steaks across the grain on a bias.

Craig

Last edited:
yum, that sounds good craig. thanks, copied to a .doc. :chef:

while i finally got the summer veggie garden in to the ground just before a storm (well, more than half of the garden. i still have 8 tomatoes, 20 sweet peppers, 8 cukes, and my son's lima beans school project to get in the ground), dw made angel hair and turkey meatballs.

img_1012177_0_373e5169ad1c4b3276bae92b9a1d862f.jpg

it was goooood. :pig:

This was dinner last night. I put chicken in the crock-pot and added some frozen vegies about 30 min before serving. We had it over seasoned, long grain rice.
img_1012358_0_f0f84891f5e41643d34380e95b38b401.jpg

I was going to have spaghetti and meatballs, but tonight is the last game of the Stanley Cup, one way or another, so I am just going to throw together some nibbles, like Ruffles and french onion dip, tortilla chips and salsa, maybe some pizza, mini pork egg rolls, jalopy pepper poppers with gorgonzola, beef and cheese firecrackers, mini Siao Pao with barbecued pork filling, ice up some Anchor Steam and Stella Artois beer and mix up a big pitcher of Sangria

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom