Tuesday 6/14 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm thinking Salmon in an Alfredo sauce with egg noodles for dinner.

What are you cooking today?:chef:

I think it is going to be...zucchini poutine! I have some oven-fried breaded zucchini sticks in the freezer (trying to empty the freezer before the garden starts producing), some homemade salsa from last year, and some cheese curds in the fridge...to make it, I will put the zucchini in the oven to "crisp," heat the salsa in the microwave, layer in a bowl, and top with some cheese curds...yummmmm. How's that for a twist on poutine?

I made fajitas Sunday and have leftovers. Quesadillas sound good.

Craig

I have some hamburger that will get made into either spaghetti or tacos. I'll let the yungun decide when he deigns to arise and make his presence among the conscious.

Well, I was going to say ravioli with sage butter sauce with some crispy pancetta cubes thrown in cause I don't really feel like cooking much but I guess Craig already decided what we are having tonight. Good thing he told me before I took something out of the freezer - NOT :rolleyes:

Taking a container of leftover butter chicken out of the freezer and cooking up a bit of basmati rice to go with it. A refreshing salad on the side.

either meat ball sandwiches with peppers,onions mariaria or meat balls with pasta and gravey, salad hot bread and butter and devils food cake
kades

Making a "mess" with Tepary beans. They're little brown beans that look rather "lentil-ish." Sauteing them with onions and celery, then adding water, seasonings and garlic, and simmering. At the same time, sauteing sliced onions and peppers, adding 4 plump sweet Italian sausages and cooking until done.

Sausages will be cut into chunks and the whole pepper mixture will be added to the beans. I hope it looks as good as it sounds. :ermm:

Serving with Sauteed Rabe and garlic.

Quick Strawberry Sherbet for dessert. :)

We're going vegetarian today. I'm making Whole Wheat Spaghetti Aglio e Olio con Asparagi. Just your usual Aglio e Olio (garlic, shallots, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper), but I add in fresh-from-the-garden blanched asparagus and somehow it really elevates it. Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano over the top along with some freshly-picked basil and it will be a quick, easy, and fresh meal tonight. I'll probably serve it with a salad.

Last edited:
All I know for sure is that it will be something with boneless-skinless chicken breast. I'd better come up with something pretty soon! :cool:

009.jpg
012.jpg
Stuffed pork tenderloin on the grill.....like a mini porchetta...
Did up some panini's also..

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom