Tuesday, 7-25-17, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have tickets for a fundraiser tonight at a local comedy club. It will be a musical event with music from the 40's and early 50's. Dinner will be ordered before the show so don't know what's on their menu yet. It will be fun. We're going with some good friends we haven't been out with in a while.

I'm defrosting a Costco Pork Loin Chop, which I am going to slice into scallopini and pound thin-ish, dredge in some Mochi-ko and then beaten egg and lastly roll them around in some Panko... aka Tonkatsu :yum:
The side dishes will be Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy and steamed White Rice

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Leftover sloppy joes, raw veggies with 2 kinds of dip, and some kind of garden raspberry pink stuff. <<<< I might eat some of that first.

We liked our BBQ chicken from our John Wayne meat cookbook so much that I'm making it again on the grill!

Not sure. Either the other half of the stuffed shells or maybe pancakes or waffles.

I'm defrosting a Costco Pork Loin Chop, which I am going to slice into scallopini and pound thin-ish, dredge in some Mochi-ko and then beaten egg and lastly roll them around in some Panko... aka Tonkatsu :yum:
The side dishes will be Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy and steamed White Rice

CAN'T WAIT!!!
I'm inspired by this post and want to make tonkatsu tonight, too, although with chicken since it's already thawed :yum: I'll also serve it with white rice, along with braised green/gold/purple beans from the garden and some of the pickled veggies from the other night. I use the dipping sauce recipe from SteamyKitchen.com :yum:

Last edited:
Making two types of egg rolls for dinner.Cooks choice tonight.
Actually it's just time to clean out the fridge.:cool:

Shredded chicken with Franks hot sauce.Cooked together in the Instant pot.

Grilled a Skirt steak and a medley of sweet baby peppers and onions.

Had I been thinking instead of making a pot of regular rice.We would have Spanish rice on the side.Too late now.Not soooo solly..:ohmy:

Salad,with a choice of sour cream, Ranch dressing for dipping or fresh salsa.

I had marinated a top something steak a couple of days ago so thought I'd throw that on the grill but also had a chicken breast needing some heat. Sprinkled a little sesame oil on it with Mrs No-salt seasoning. Threw them both on the grill. I ended up slicing the breast in half as I didn't think it would cook all the way thru before everything else was ready. Also had some mushrooms with a grilling sauce that was for some left-over baby bok choy, threw them on the grill too.

In the end I gobbled up the vegies first so sliced up the meats and rolled them up in some tortilla's with the requisite salsa, sour creme, lettuce and cheese.
Downed two of them for lunch and will probably have the last of the meat again for dinner.
For a vegie just remembered I had bought some corn.o.t.c. maybe I'll have one of those as well.

Last edited:
DD is cooking - Pancakes for dinner.

I have some thin pork loin cutlets in the freezer. With all this talk; now I want breaded pork (or chicken) cutlets. Maybe parmed.

I had the leftover beef ribs from Sunday, eaten bachelor style -- at the kitchen counter. :yum:

CD

It was supposed to be an Asian dinner night but, changed to a kiełbasa/mushroom stroganoff over noodles...

I did stay true to peach cobbler for two tho... ;)

Ross

I've been doing a bunch of little chores around the house all day, and just nibbling here and there. Never-ending glass of iced tea with lemon slices, a deviled egg, apple and orange slices, cheese and crackers, pickles and olives...a nibbling kind of day in between laundry and cleaning. Since it's almost 5 and I'm not hungry :rolleyes: :LOL:, I'll probably just have a few more little bites of something nice and cool a little later on, and relax.

Last edited:
Made a sous vide Pork Loin Roast, and used up the last jar of my homemade sauerkraut. Time to buy some more cabbages!

XJTy0R2.jpg

Last edited:
Made a sous vide Pork Loin Roast, and used up the last jar of my homemade sauerkraut. Time to buy some more cabbages!
Steve, that looks mighty good. I am having sauerkraut tonight as well. Sadly it is not homemade. I am being a little bit bad having smokies but they are gluten and lactose free at least!

Well, I wasn't very hungry after all. Had only one slice of the beef and one slice of the chicken. Maybe two spoonfuls of the black bean and couscous salad then some beautiful sweet watermelon later.

Guess that's what wine will do to yuh... lol - calories are still there but content?... things that make you go ... hmmmm.

We had one of my strange but really good meals tonight. Had some of my left over sloppy joe meat, you mix that into Kraft mac and cheese (yes the box stuff) you follow the box directions but add 3 slices of American cheese along with the sloppy joe meat, its really good. Had fresh corn on the cob as a side, good summer meal.

This actually came about by accident when my oldest was 8, about 12 years ago. He was eating a sloppy joe and had mac and cheese on the side, some of the meat fell into the mac and cheese and he loved it. I tried it and really liked it and it has been a once a month thing for us ever since.

Back
Top Bottom