"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Dinner was Pot roast, egg noodles with butter and parsley, micro steamed fresh broccoli & carrots and mushroom & onion jus.

Looks good as always, msmofet! YUM!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Little bro is making etoufee. It smells really good.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I'm making my beef patties with homemade, creamy onion gravy (made with milk, flour, butter, salt, pepper, onions and beef bouillon. On the side, roasted new potatoes and corn.
Here was dinner.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Beautiful, MM and VB! And everyone else's food sounds wonderful as well!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #35
Head Chef

Mushroom and asparagus risotto and some deconstructed egg rolls. I chopped some celery, carrots, cabbage and cooked chicken into a super fine dice and used garlic, ginger, fish sauce and some rice wine vinegar for flavor, all sauted together until the tender but not mushy soft. I baked empty wrappers in the oven (pressed into a muffin pan) to get them crispy and then we spooned the goodies inside and topped with a dash of plum sauce. They were a huge hit.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #36
Master Chef

We had roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy and cole slaw.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

mofet and vb, your dinner look fantastic!!! this is getting to be a broken record, but you make me so hungry every night.

my boy was better today so he went to school, and then we had a parent teacher conference this afternoon. his teacher beamed about what a good boy we have, and how he is so intelligent and well rounded in so many subjects that she thinks of him as a little man. she even said when she wants to have a "normal" conversation with someone in class, she talks to him because he's not like all of the other little kids. (btw, for those that may remember when i spoke of it, we decided to keep him in regular classes, not the advanced placement. we want him to be a kid for a while longer. he'll have enough time for hard work in his life.)

so, prouder than peacocks, we went out for a celebratory dinner at our favourite spanish/portugese restaurant, don pepe's in newark.

we started with gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic oil), then dw had a monster lobster, rice, and papas fritas, and i had the paella valenciana. my boy shared our dishes with us.

dessert was cappucinos and chocolate chip chocolate cake.

everything was delicious. we'll be going back at the end of the month when we go to a devils' game nearby...can't wait.
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #38
Senior Cook

I made chicken pot pie.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Looks good as always, msmofet! YUM!
Thank you VB

Quote:
Here was dinner.

That looks good. I have never had a white gravy on burgers before. I want some taters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
mofet and vb, your dinner look fantastic!!! this is getting to be a broken record, but you make me so hungry every night.

my boy was better today so he went to school, and then we had a parent teacher conference this afternoon. his teacher beamed about what a good boy we have, and how he is so intelligent and well rounded in so many subjects that she thinks of him as a little man. she even said when she wants to have a "normal" conversation with someone in class, she talks to him because he's not like all of the other little kids. (btw, for those that may remember when i spoke of it, we decided to keep him in regular classes, not the advanced placement. we want him to be a kid for a while longer. he'll have enough time for hard work in his life.)

so, prouder than peacocks, we went out for a celebratory dinner at our favourite spanish/portugese restaurant, don pepe's in newark.

we started with gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic oil), then dw had a monster lobster, rice, and papas fritas, and i had the paella valenciana. my boy shared our dishes with us.

dessert was cappucinos and chocolate chip chocolate cake.

everything was delicious. we'll be going back at the end of the month when we go to a devils' game nearby...can't wait.
Thank you Bucky.

It feels so good when you hear that kind of praise from a teacher. Congrats.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #40
Executive Chef

Spaghettini with Anchovies, garlic, red peppers. Tomatoes, au gratin....