Tuesday 8th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mofet and vb, your dinner look fantastic!!! this is getting to be a broken record, but you make me so hungry every night.

my boy was better today so he went to school, and then we had a parent teacher conference this afternoon. his teacher beamed about what a good boy we have, and how he is so intelligent and well rounded in so many subjects that she thinks of him as a little man. she even said when she wants to have a "normal" conversation with someone in class, she talks to him because he's not like all of the other little kids. (btw, for those that may remember when i spoke of it, we decided to keep him in regular classes, not the advanced placement. we want him to be a kid for a while longer. he'll have enough time for hard work in his life.)

so, prouder than peacocks, we went out for a celebratory dinner at our favourite spanish/portugese restaurant, don pepe's in newark.

we started with gambas al ajillo (shrimp in garlic oil), then dw had a monster lobster, rice, and papas fritas, and i had the paella valenciana. my boy shared our dishes with us.

dessert was cappucinos and chocolate chip chocolate cake.

everything was delicious. we'll be going back at the end of the month when we go to a devils' game nearby...can't wait.

Thank you for sharing your day with us. Your son sounds very special. And I think he has a pretty special mom and dad too.

Thank you VB

That looks good. I have never had a white gravy on burgers before. I want some taters.

Thank you Bucky.

It feels so good when you hear that kind of praise from a teacher. Congrats.
I love a good ol' milk gravy, but I added beef bouillon to this one. I normally use "Kitchen Bouqet," but I'm out of it.

Back
Top Bottom