Tuesday 8th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
I'm cooking a beef and veg casserole. Surprised I've got time considering how much I've been playing Modern Warfare 3 on the Xbox!

Simmering away as I type :)

Attachments

• image-3616760494.jpg
    image-3616760494.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 167
I'm marinating some country style ribs in a chipotle marinade. They'll go on the grill tonight and get served with a side of mac and cheese and a veggie.

wanted to use up some poatoes but I couldn't think of anything interesting, so risotto I reckon.

Oyster stew. I've already cooked the bacon, celery, garlic and added the oysters, liquor, and half and half. It's in the fridge now and should get 3-4 hours to let the flavors develop.

I made this before, but it wasn't until I had it made one time and just wasn't hungry right then. After sitting in the fridge for several hours, I was amazed at the stronger oyster flavor just from letting it rest awhile.

I started using that technique for all my soups and stews. It's not necessary to keep it in the fridge overnight. If you make your dish early in the day and refrigerate it for a few hours, you get the same result - a richer, more flavorful dish.

I have some ground chicken I wanted to use and I recently saw this recipe for twice baked potatoes stuffed with ground chicken, bleu cheese and spinach. I think going to try that out.

Cheeseburger topped with lots of raw onions.
Oven Fried French Fries.

I nuked a small bowl of the oyster stew, so as to not overcook the oysters. The flavor is stronger, but will be better after longer in the fridge, so I'm making sloppy joes.

Making some home made tomato soup. This is going to be interesting. I grabbed the wrong container. Instead of the sugar bowl I grabbed the coffee creamer. Added it to the pot. :LOL:

I'm not sayin' a word to anyone about it. Maybe they won't know. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Making some home made tomato soup. This is going to be interesting. I grabbed the wrong container. Instead of the sugar bowl I grabbed the coffee creamer. Added it to the pot. :LOL:

I'm not sayin' a word to anyone about it. Maybe they won't know. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Creamer of tomato soup. I won't say a thing. ;)

pacanis said:
Creamer of tomato soup. I won't say a thing. ;)

Lol!

Actually, I would bet it'll be pretty good! Some milk solids, some sweetener, what's not to like? As long as it wasn't vanilla or mocha or some other flavor.

Tuna sub tonight.

I want some garlic parmesan wings! Ever since pacanis mentioned them the other day I've been drooling. How do I do this? I've got the wings thawing. Do I marinate them in stuff? Or do I brush it on after? Help?

Lol!

Actually, I would bet it'll be pretty good! Some milk solids, some sweetener, what's not to like? As long as it wasn't vanilla or mocha or some other flavor.

Tuna sub tonight.

I think it could be pretty good, too.
Maybe Munky has come up with a new secret ingredient.

I want some garlic parmesan wings! Ever since pacanis mentioned them the other day I've been drooling. How do I do this? I've got the wings thawing. Do I marinate them in stuff? Or do I brush it on after? Help?

They are calling to you, Alix...
wings 5-28-11.JPG

Check your PMs ;)

I would beat an egg or eggs (depending on how many wings you're going to make), and coat the wings in that. Use a large heavy-duty freezer bag and add parmesan cheese, garlic powder salt and pepper (sometimes I even add breadcrumbs). Add the wings to the cheese/spice mixture, seal the bag and shake them to make sure they are covered with the seasoning. I don't know if you plan on grilling, frying or baking. I've always made mine baked and lay them out on a prepared sheet pan (either Crisco or cooking spray). I set the oven at 375 F and bake for about 35-45 min, turning the wings half way through.

Going to grill 'em. That sounds like a plan VB. And if I can do it, I'll post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom