Tuesday, 9-25-2018 ~ National One-Hit Wonder Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
National One-Hit Wonder Day

Have any of your meals been One-Hit foods? The first recipe I tried for butternut squash soup was - it included curry powder. :sick: That's the day Himself and I decided we didn't like curry.

We'll be warming our noses with bowls of butternut squash soup from a different recipe, this one from KQED: Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apples and Ginger. Delicious! :yum:

Still wondering what you'll make for dinner tonight? Hope whatever you make is a hit.

We're having a long running hit - Taco Tuesday! Pulled some carnitas out of the freezer, have a ripe avocado that needs eating, and have the rest of the ingredients on hand, so we're good to go.

Tried a simple, small batch, chili with beans recipe, adapted to the IP today.. It was pretty good..

A few flavor enhancements and I think it will be made frequently for fall/winter..

Ross

I still have some Zuppa Toscana to use up. I bought a few tomatoes from the farmers market on Saturday, so I'll slice up one of those for a side.

Taco Tuesday here as well. I tried a new recipe for chicken tinga from ATK. It was delicious. We had the tinga on tortillas with cheese, pickled onions and chopped scallions.

Besides soup, I made spinach salad with bacon, mushrooms, bacon, tomato, and egg.

I sprinkled nutmeg on top of the soup, drizzled Greek yogurt thinned with half and half, and added toasted pumpkin seeds for a change. It looked so purdy. [emoji16][emoji4]IMG_20180925_200819538.jpg

New, but not a 1 hit. We had spicy peanut butter sauce chicken with spozoodles (spiralized sweet potato and zucchini noodles). It was NOT a pretty dish but was very good. A definite make again.

It could even be vegan if you used tofu instead of the chicken.

TNT last night.

Yesterday I pulled a corned from freezer.

Last night's dinner was corned beef (so tender cooked in Instant Pot in a short time), potatoes and cabbage.

corned_beef_092518_IMG_4905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom