Tuesday, April 22 dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roast heirloom turkey (free range) with stuffing (on the side) and spuds n peas. it's a 7 pounder so about 75 min will do it in convection. smells great!

Inspired by GB's post (gnocchi sauce)... Since I have frozen cheese stuffed ravioli, going to pan fry them, top with lemon zest/juice, parmesan & parsley - like so eat me, delicious: The Best Gnocchi Ever In Existence; then toast some pine nuts & roast some asparagus. Need to see if I have any pancetta to add to the mix. Crusty bread & butter, & will see if I feel like a salad.

Dry Rub

I like Dave's idea for ribs in dry rub. Nothin' better. Oh, I can just smell them on the grill. I like Head Country Bbq sauce for finishing. I order a case every Spring.:pig:

I like Dave's idea for ribs in dry rub. Nothin' better. Oh, I can just smell them on the grill.

Nancy, I LOVE these ribs. They are done in the oven then finished on the grill or under the broiler with the sauce. Oh. ..I make my own sauce to go with my dry rub ;)

Last edited:
Ribs

Dave, I do ribs in the oven during the winter. Slow oven, sauna bath, like us Minnesota Finns. I use apple cider vinegar to tame them and a sweet spicy rub to please them. Then the bbq sauce to dress them. People bring boxes of Kleenex to my table because these ribs are so tender, tasty and good, they make them weep. I usually make a crock of my Wicked Cowgirl beans to go with them.

Enjoy your ribs and may you enjoy many more as summer approaches.:chef:

here are the pics of last nights dinner:
tsp1.JPG

served:
tsp2.JPG

Inside:
tsp3.JPG

Looks yummy!!

I had to pick my mum up so we stopped off at Sizzlers on the way back to my place. I had sizzling garlic prawns with the salad bar, and I must say, the quality of the food was higher than at lunch time. Mum had the fisherman's basket with salad bar. Even if the dessert bar was any good (which it never has been nor probably ever will be), I never end up with room for dessert!!

my dinner ala by myself is boring compared to the rest of y'alls--just poaching some chicken breasts in broth with red wine and cut up onion and garlic on top served with salad and zucchini---as I said boooring..........

Back
Top Bottom