Tuesday August 12, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Beef Rib Soup

img_1380200_0_fa0e9dd44e2fec3a2e85f8f652626608.jpg

It was mac and cheese day at the Beier's house. Every year I make my "special" mac and cheese for our church's youth service conference. The "special" part is that I cube up half the cheese and mix it with the cold macaroni before the sauce is poured over and it is baked. Then I do some other wacky stuff like different shaped or coloured noodles. One year I even added hot dog slices pierce with spaghetti strands and boiled that way. There was one each for the youth and leaders as they were time consuming to make!

This year the noodles were basic but I added chopped pepperoni in with the cheese cubes.

So when I make this, we too eat mac and cheese. The kids and their Mom were over to help and they ate too. To make it appealing to them we called it "home made Kraft Dinner with hot dogs in it! They accepted it and ate it! :LOL:

THat is pretty, I have never been able to roll sushi.

I've taken some classes and have gotten pretty good at rolling it - even the rice-on-the-outside maki rolls - but my plating needs work. I could never get the presentation to look that nice. It's hard to see in the back, but the chef even crafted a decoration using octopus sashimi.

ZOWIE, Steve that's just flat out gorgeous!

What a great food story LP !!

I scored nice large $1.00 artichokes at the dollar store so we're cooking four of them tonight..two for lunch tomorrow.
We're having store bought frozen "Lumpia's" with them, made by "familyloopya.com"
I thought the difference in spelling on the box, and for the website (since 1973) really funny.

Beautiful pics! Powerplant, your rib soup looks amazing. Steve, that sushi plate is a thing of beauty, makes me want to have sushi. The chef did a beautiful job. S&P, I can go for tacos any night of the week.

I had an artichoke with melted butter and lemon juice, and a sliced tomato. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. :yum:

Beautiful pics! Powerplant, your rib soup looks amazing. Steve, that sushi plate is a thing of beauty, makes me want to have sushi. The chef did a beautiful job. S&P, I can go for tacos any night of the week.

I had an artichoke with melted butter and lemon juice, and a sliced tomato. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. :yum:

+1!

We're working on leftovers here.

It was mac and cheese day at the Beier's house. Every year I make my "special" mac and cheese for our church's youth service conference. The "special" part is that I cube up half the cheese and mix it with the cold macaroni before the sauce is poured over and it is baked. Then I do some other wacky stuff like different shaped or coloured noodles. One year I even added hot dog slices pierce with spaghetti strands and boiled that way. There was one each for the youth and leaders as they were time consuming to make!

This year the noodles were basic but I added chopped pepperoni in with the cheese cubes.

So when I make this, we too eat mac and cheese. The kids and their Mom were over to help and they ate too. To make it appealing to them we called it "home made Kraft Dinner with hot dogs in it! They accepted it and ate it! :LOL:

Love this, you've given me some great ideas here! 3 of my 6 grands will be here for dinner tomorrow night while their mom has a meeting, and dad has to work. Was just thinking about dinner for them, everyone loves mac and cheese but they probably wouldn't like my adult version. :) LOL

I'll play around with your ideas, and everyone likes veggies, so green beans alongside should work. Ice cream for dessert. Thanks, Laurie!

I made a meatloaf in the pressure cooker. Too hot to contemplate using the oven. Rice and steamed broccoli. And I got a fruit topped cheesecake from the bakery section. It's our 31st anniversary. We'll go out for something fancy this weekend.

Happy Anniversary, Mmyap and DH of Mmyap!

Thank you, Dluver! 31 years goes by in the blink of an eye, it seems. God willing, we will have another 31. 62 years may call for more than meatloaf, though. Although it was a darn fine meatloaf! :ROFLMAO:

Nothing wrong with a celebratory meatloaf mmyap! Happy Happy to you and your other half.

Steve, that sushi is almost too pretty to eat ~ almost. Although I must say I've never seen sushi with a Cheez-Whiz finish...:huh:

Kayelle, I didn't know what a "lumpia" was so I had to look it up. Ah, Filipino egg rolls! My neighbor is Filipino but she still calls them "egg rolls". :LOL:

Himself tossed a ham steak on the grill tonight. I made "breakfast for supper" and made home fries (perfect in the CI pan - I usually forget how hot that pan gets and scorch them) and scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and smoked Gouda cheese.

Eye roast was on sale at Ingles so I took it and cut up into cubes. Put into the crock pot and made gravy with beef stock and homemade onion soup mix. Served over rice with steamed brocolli.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom