Tuesday Dinner - 4/25/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I grilled our dinner last night, but neither of us was hungry
So it's the "leftovers" from last night
Grilled Tomato and Basil marinaded b/s Chicken Thighs
with grilled brocollini
I'm going to add TJ's Tater Tots and a small side salad to round it all out

... thank goodness that Carrot Cake is GONE!!!!
so it's fresh fruits for dessert tonight :zorro:

Margherita pizza tonight. Store bought pizza dough -- I make a huge mess when I make dough. Simple sauce from canned San Marzano tomatoes, herbs and peppers. Motz and basil, and a little drizzle of olive oil.

CD

Today was cool and drizzmal - just the perfect day for soup. I either planned well or got lucky! I used the ham bone and a goodly amount of ham to make a pot of Cuban Black Bean Soup from the Washington Post recipe and a loaf of Beer Bread from a New York Times recipe. Hmmm, should have looked through my Mom's recipe box for a dessert from the Cleveland Press...

Mmm....great sounding dinners as always! I had a mish mash of stuff from the fridge, and since it's been a busy day, no cooking involved. A deviled egg, marinated asparagus, a small slice of ham, smoked gouda, Triscuits, and watermelon. Iced tea with lemon to wash it all down.

Craig made the red pork posole out of the Bon Appetit we received recently this past Sunday so we'd have an easy quick meal during the week. That's what we had Tuesday night. He tweaked the recipe a bit and it came out pretty darn good, but we both prefer his version of green pork stew (he divides it up, hominy for me, potatoes for him). We had tortillas as a side.

4MjKgehtce2N9JBl8zRLDo_7Dmwgfy0sZQRa3yzaC8IpX92IB

I had lasagna, DH had naked lion fish with the sauce on the side. Our chef friend/owner was trained in Italy. He's adorable, and we have now officially adopted him (I wish!)

DH had dental work again yesterday, so he wanted something soft. I made pasta sauce with homemade Italian sausage and a bunch of well-cooked veggies and served it over spaghetti with garlic bread and brai green beans. 0425172011b_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom