Tuesday Dinner - 4/3/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
It's also Cat Cora's birthday. I recognized the name, but that's about it. Not being a TV watcher, I didn't know that she was on Iron Chef, among other shows. Perhaps most importantly, she was a spokesperson for InSinkErator, so she could get rid of her flops!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Cora

Tonight's dinner was mussels marinara, served over linguine, with a green salad on the side.

Last edited:
Been cutting back on meat for the last couple of days..trying to see if it makes a difference in how I feel, sleep..I had a black bean burger with some oven fries..very good, I have to say..

I tried a new recipe tonight. Chicken thighs pan roasted in a CI skillet then orzo toasted and cooked with fennel and leeks in chicken broth risotto style. The risotto was very good. The chicken was plain chicken.

An impromptu taco Tuesday. I have one leftover chicken bomb from Friday, and figured that would make some tasty tacos. The bombs have pretty much all you need. Some flour tortillas and some salsa should finish it off.

CD

I grilled a few chicken thighs this afternoon, and had one of them with a small red potato salad I threw together this morning. There will be enough of both for tomorrow afternoon's dinner.

I roasted some skinny asparagus that we had with hollandaise (thanks Knorr) along with leftover rotisserie chicken sammies.

Been cutting back on meat for the last couple of days..trying to see if it makes a difference in how I feel, sleep..I had a black bean burger with some oven fries..very good, I have to say..

I can't wait till June, when I can get the best fresh fruits and veggies. Meat will be used for flavoring my veggies. My skewers are polished and ready for kabobs that are 80-percent or better vegetable.

I eat a lot of beans in the colder months, but have to properly de-gas them, or take my Beano with them. Sometimes both. :LOL:

My leftover chicken bomb tacos were very good. I used flour tortillas, and dressed them with a little sour cream, and that's all. A nice leftovers meal.

CD

Finally tried the Rachel Ray recipe for Pierogi en Brodo - or pierogies in broth. Meh. Tossed the recipe after we ate the soup. At least it looked pretty. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180403_211205.jpg
    20180403_211205.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 160
Shopping @ Aldi's, my daughter came across a boneless chicken breast roast.. Two large CB's wrapped in thin bacon, held together with butchers elastic netting..

Popped that into the oven, baked to proper temp, sliced and served with veggies, rice and a green salad..

The chicken roast was a new experience for us.. Really enjoyed it.. :yum:

Ross

Another new recipe, chicken biryani with roti. It was good, but we aren't sure whether it was worth the huge ingredient list for the marinade.

Attachments

• 2018-04-03 18.47.55.jpg
    2018-04-03 18.47.55.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 114
Back
Top Bottom