Tuesday dinner July, 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I would like some ideas. Don't know what to make for dinner so I'll wait and see if anyone gives me hints. WHY IS MY COMPUTER FEELING SO HOT? Never felt like this before....hummm

Can't help you, still wondering myself.
Maybe a lentil soup; more likely a stir fry.
Perhaps a creole cajun rice and sausage and veggies creation....

Pizza would be good too.....

decisions decisions

I've got a third of a rack left from ribs the other night. That will be my meat. Then I'll cook a few ears of corn and a potato on the grill to go along with it.

I'm trying the oven-fried rice recipe tonight. I defrosted the deep freezer this past weekend and found some shredded chicken that needs to be used. Thought I'd add that to the rice and then have watermelon for desert.

Got chicken breasts on sale yesterday and last night someone took 1 slice out of a big lemon for their vodka & tonic so I guess it sounds like a chicken piccata kinda night with a side of sauteed black beans and spinach.

pot roast that is simmering with fresh out of the garden onions, garlic, celery and carrots, with baked yukon gold potatoes, cole slaw and peach cobbler for a rare dessert.

Decision made! Quick and easy chicken and rice enchilada casserole and
Perfect Refried Beans. Gonna wing the casserole recipe, should be interesting!

I was going to make stuffed chicken breasts but Im feeling very BLAH for some reason:(so its going to be something out of a can thats easy, like tunafish

it will depend on what my daughter brings for lunch. she and two of granddaughters on their way . we will celebrate my daughter's bday(today) and mine (july 12)

i have champagne . strawberries and peaches with a cream cheese and marshmallow fluff to munch on.

babe

ps, we had a lovely time and i am still full. had cake and ice cream as well.

Last edited:
veal scallopine, haricots, & purple potaotes sliced with sourcream & scallions or stuffed red, yellow, & green peppers.

okay, got it. have chicken breast strips in the freezer, gotta get 'em out for defrosting. making a marinade of [you're gonna croak] strawberry jam and butter, tuscan balsamic vinegar, and tuscan truffle oil that is overdue to be opened from our trip. I'll reduce down the sauce, then let the chicken soak in it the rest of the day before a quick stir fry with broccoli/carrots/scallions/shallots/English cukes/ and I'll finish with corn starch slurry. it'll get piled up over buttered steamy noodles.
romaine lettuce with red cabbage, radishes, beets and walnuts with viniagarette.
the man should get dessert so not sure yet what that'll be, maybe just a jello, sourcream, cream cheese parfeit with flavored honey whipped cream.

Bacon cheese burgers on the grill...not sure what else we'll have with it.

smoked chicken tacos, w/ rice n beans w/chorizo, cheso fresco, salsa brava.

(I smoked the chicken , made the rice n beans...the sausage, corn tortillas, and cheso and salsa are from the local carneceria...so good!

Bacon cheese burgers on the grill...not sure what else we'll have with it.

Do you cook the bacon on the grill, too? You have to watch for flare ups, but I like it that way. And it's one less dirty pan.

okay, got it. have chicken breast strips in the freezer, gotta get 'em out for defrosting. making a marinade of [you're gonna croak] strawberry jam and butter, tuscan balsamic vinegar, and tuscan truffle oil

wow, that sounds delish to me! i've those ingredients, too, maybe supper tomorrow!:-p

Do you cook the bacon on the grill, too? You have to watch for flare ups, but I like it that way. And it's one less dirty pan.

I haven't but that's a good idea. It's turkey bacon, already cooked, but we brown it anyway. We can put some foil down first and then slap it on. Thanks for the idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom